NEWBIE FROM NYC

I looked at this WE4 before I got really lucky - and bought my G-bodypart upgraded; WE4 from Brian, a DE State Trooper
I thought it odd at the time the coincidence of 2 WE4s for sale - both in DE.
I passed on this one since it had too much rust and just misc neglect issues.
And they wanted darned near what I paid for my turn key WE4.
I thought it had sold and stayed close by - but it looks like you've had it for a good while now.
I'm very pleased to see how you have brought it back to its rightful state.
You've done right by it.
Lotta work though.

I do believe i have seen Jim Dunn's engine bay detail work in other places; can't recall. BookofFaces maybe?

But as a amateur detailer, I will say he is quite crafty and his finished product looks very nice.
Especially considering he doesn't really do a full blown engine removal, but has to work around most of the "stuff"
He looks like he has it down to a science - or an art, as I'm sure he would preferred to be thought of as an "arteest" :D

Thank you guys. I was told that few people passed on this car, but it was a not abused, not molested, original 58k miles car. It was definitely neglected a bit, but the owner was getting up in age and his health wasn't the best. The funny thing was, that I didn't want the GN since I hate black cars. Well. It worked out good, right? :( I reached out to Jim Dunn to help me look at a Blue 87 T Type, and he very persistently explained to me advantages of this particular WE4.

As far as "too much rust", I'm from North East so my 2007 TBSS has more rust than this Buick. I ended up putting two small patches, so I consider it a solid car.

Almost done with all the mods. Got a little set back as the turbo I was putting in needed to be rebuilt, but it's in good hands of Bison now.

Had some issues with my new injectors, but seems like Eric from TurboTweak is standing behind his product 100%.

After all this done, I will upgrade to a stretched SLIC, and that's should be it for a while.

Want this car to be reliable, but spirited.

Some updates:

Alky kit installed

Old Cam sensor

And new Cam sensor

All done!

BONUS!

In case you didn't know:

I do believe i have seen Jim Dunn's engine bay detail work in other places; can't recall. BookofFaces maybe?

But as a amateur detailer, I will say he is quite crafty and his finished product looks very nice.
Especially considering he doesn't really do a full blown engine removal, but has to work around most of the "stuff"
He looks like he has it down to a science - or an art, as I'm sure he would preferred to be thought of as an "arteest" :D
https://m.facebook.com/pages/Buick-...pages/Buick-Turbo-Performance/108965752497958

looks great. came a long way. where in the city are you. im from Queens, new to the turbo world and still learning to navigate this site.

Also, where is Jim Dunn located. would like to bring my turbo-t to a reliable turbo guy who knows what they are talking about . my car was once taken care of by DynoTech, but no longer around

im in Flushing. I have fam in howard beach. and I work in Jackson heights, corona, Elmhurst, Astoria area...

im in Flushing. I have fam in howard beach. and I work in Jackson heights, corona, Elmhurst, Astoria area...

Ahhh, Corona, Lemon Ice King. We used to hang out in Spaghetti Park back in the day. They got rid of the freaking Elmwood theatre in Elmhurst, but thank gawd White Castles is still there. So many memories on Queens Blvd...

Ahhh, Corona, Lemon Ice King. We used to hang out in Spaghetti Park back in the day. They got rid of the freaking Elmwood theatre in Elmhurst, but thank gawd White Castles is still there. So many memories on Queens Blvd...
lol not the same hood anymore .. we actually got a crave case at work the other night at 3am.. lets just say I left the white castles at work lol hahaha

starting to see lot of trs pop up in nyc. i used to live in whitetone,sister still lives in flushing. lemon ice king is the best. idk if you guys are familiar w abbracimentos on wood haven another great place but is closing or closed. i live in city now but i miss queens

Im in the bronx 6 of us here in the pic and about 10 more
20130823_211328.jpg

starting to see lot of trs pop up in nyc. i used to live in whitetone,sister still lives in flushing. lemon ice king is the best. idk if you guys are familiar w abbracimentos on wood haven another great place but is closing or closed. i live in city now but i miss queens

They closed a lot, can't believe Woodhaven Lanes closed down too. Used to hang out by this small little dive of a club called Metros 71 in Forest Hills across from the old Carvel which is now a TD Bank, would meet up there with everybody, then hit the clubs in Long Island like Zachary's and Spratz on the Water, and then back to Metros 71 for more drinks and to shoot pool. Had so much fun back in those days, time really flies...