Newbie in need of help

eduardo

G-Body87
Is there any local members out in the houston area that would be willing to help me out with figuring out some problems my t type is having. I live in the Houston, Tx Area. I know I may be asking for a lot but i figured i would give it a shot knowing the G body family here has always been helpful to one another with tips and resources. I don't actually have the funds at the moment to be takIng the car to a certified mechanic that's familiar with these cars so I'm hoping I can find someone out there who would be kind enough to help me out. I'd be more than happy to help out in any way possible for the services. Im really anxious to learn more about these cars, and I'm hoping I can find some trustworthy people who can help guide me, show me the ways and take me under their wing (y) haha. Once again any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Eduardo

http://vortexbuicks-etc.com/

If I was closer I be in. But since I'm a fair distance north, I suggest hitting Steve's site and getting some reading in.
What is wrong with your car?
Have you upgraded the fuel pump and installed a hot wire kit to power it?
Do you have a TT or other aftermarket chip? Upgraded injectors?
Other mods?

http://vortexbuicks-etc.com/

If I was closer I be in. But since I'm a fair distance north, I suggest hitting Steve's site and getting some reading in.
What is wrong with your car?
Have you upgraded the fuel pump and installed a hot wire kit to power it?
Do you have a TT or other aftermarket chip? Upgraded injectors?
Other mods?
I originally created a post with the issues present aswell as a video listing the scan master readings, here's the link http://www.turbobuick.com/posts/3728986/ As you'll soon find out on that post after a few reads I've been told i may need a new head gasket based off the problems the car is having ( grey smoke coming out the back end of the exhaust, oil level dropping, car chokes and has a bad idle, service engine light comes on, and a pretty loud tick that sounds out of the ordinary when at ideal and during the drive) I hope that information helps. By the way the vehicle was purchased with plenty of modifications heres a bit of what all came with the car. I'm still trying to get an understanding of what all is what. I know these cars develop their own problems and must be kept up with on a regular basis, I understand and have been told it was a bad idea to get the car with so many mods and yet no knowledge on the maintenance needed to keep these bad boys running in tip top shape but what's done is done I purchased the car, I'm extreamly happy to own it, and am looking forward to learning about the problems they bring aswell as getting my hands dirty. No regrets! Sorry for the long post but anyways back to it, here's the list ( engine: 4.1(.030 over) forged pistons, ported irons/intake, 210/215 roller, hi vol front cover, precision bb/h2o cooled 6776 turbo, 60lb inj, alky inj, typeII ignition, 3" downpipe w/cutout, catback dual w/Hooker aero's, 3K stall converter, front mt. intercooler, F-body radiator w/dual fans. The motor has 2,080 /110 hours since complete buildup.
electrical: Gen II trans w/extreme chip, 3.5"LS1 MAF, scanmaster, BsTc boost control, HID headlights,
chassis: Global West tubular uca's front w/lca's rear, Belltech 2" drop B-body spindles(12" brakes), 1.5" drop springs in rear, bilsteins, air bags, cross bracing front engine comp. and rear seat area.).