No cat....where do i get one?

milehighGN

I just purchased my car with a bunch of goodies on it (poston downpipe. TE-61. 50lb MSD's, etc).......and one of which it DOESNT have is a catalytic convertor. Where do i get one? How easy is it to bolt up a cat......or should i just bolt up a stock downpipe? Any help would be appreciated....thank you:)

You may want to try Agressive, Ramchargers or fullthrottlespeed.com. You need to provide them with a measurement between the y-pipe and DP. Your other choice is a local muffler shop. Just make sure the factory flange and bracket is retained (if it is still on the car).

Okay. How hard will it make this car to pass with all of these mods on it? As long as i put an emissions chip and cat on it , it should be okay right? What if i put 2 cats in place?

Originally posted by milehighGN
What if i put 2 cats in place?

Stacking a cat behind another, under the car without some sort of factory heatsheild and rich tailpipe. I WON'T recommend anything that might cause a car-b-que. Since you have a bigger turbo, one thing to do is turn down the boost. The lower boost from the larger hairdryer will reduce NOx. I don't know how the 50s will react to I/M240, someone else will have to chime in. But an emissions chip couldn't hurt. You must get the engine into fuel control for the cat to be effective.

I passed in Denver 2 years ago with a te44, MSD 50s and a THDP. I used my regular street chip (for 100 UL) from Jim Testa and a full tank of 100 UL. Fresh oil, new O2, new plugs and BLMs within chip control and you should be there. Unfortunatly, I too need a new cat for the test this year so let me know where you get one.