No start: possible IAC issue?

RED LS1

I've had my car running superb the last few weeks. It's pretty much stock at this point but I did a top end freshen up on it. It has a chip, 60's and a K+N and up pipe and maf pipe. Pretty stock other than that.

This morning my wife starts and moves the car from the driveway. I go to start and drive the car a few hours later and it will not start. It was trying to though almost like it didn't have any gas in it. There are no codes or funny business on the scan master.

I let it sit a few hours and came home from lunch. Again, no start. I noticed IAC was reading 175 which is obviously not good it's usually set between 10 and 20ish. I put my foot to the floor and the car decided to start and smoke for a few seconds. After letting it warm up for 10 minutes I drove it to work. The IAC is reading 175 and lowering to 70 and than back up to 175 when off the gas and in park. It seems to have pretty erratic behavior. Does this sound like signs of a bad IAC? Where's the best place to buy a replacement?

Have you tried resetting the iac and tps, try spraying out the throttlebody and iac passages as well.

Even if the IAC is bad.....Just a slight crack on the throttle should start it up when cranking.

Also, if it's stuck closed you would have to keep it cracked until it warms up. And even then, it still may want to stall. Especial when letting off the throttle after light acceleration.

If it's stuck open......the opposite will happen. It will rev high.

If it's sticky, yea. The idle will be inconsistent. And the computer will command higher and lower IAC counts than what is actually happening.

But.......As always, It could be other things. Just cover your bases and clean it, reset it, or change it.

Then move on to the next thing.

1. Do you have a spare MAF you can try?
2. Keep your wife away from your car