Noob map question during E85 conversion.

MrScary666

I just sold my alky kit to pay for the rest of my E 85 conversion. The 3 bar map went with the kit. I have a zo6 mass air/pipe/Maf translator. Since the translator is calling the fuel and air shots, can I use the factory 2 bar map sensor? It will be over the 15lb boost threshold that a 2bar can handle.

Since your not going speed density I think a chip burned for E85 is all you need unless logging boost.

Yep the 3 bar map would come in handy if you are using a powerlogger and recording boost pressure. Otherwise it's not doing anything for your MAF controlled setup.

Maybe I am missing something here, but if he doesn't have a 3 bar MAP, how is his boost gauge/controller/ecm going to be able to determine the actual pressure from the signal, if it is only a 2 bar map?

Maybe I am missing something here, but if he doesn't have a 3 bar MAP, how is his boost gauge/controller/ecm going to be able to determine the actual pressure from the signal, if it is only a 2 bar map?
The factory MAP sensor is only on the car to operate the factory digital LED boost gauge in the instrument cluster.

Since the translator is calling the fuel and air shots, can I use the factory 2 bar map sensor? I
What do you want to use it for? Do you want to use it to operate the factory boost gauge? If so,it's the proper MAP for the factory boost gauge. The 3 bar causes the factory gauge to show the wrong amount of boost.

I went back to the 2bar and so far it seems fine. It seems my hunch was correct that the 3 bar MAP is only good for a FAST system or ALKY.