NOS Crate motor? When is the last time you saw one for sale?

well you could build a better one for that price plus whats so great about having a stock engine anyways? its just not that impressive to me. 235? thats what mine is but its 30 over.

well you could build a better one for that price plus whats so great about having a stock engine anyways? its just not that impressive to me. 235? thats what mine is but its 30 over.

I'd pay $3,500 for that, even with the years of sitting dormant over paying for a $3,500 "built" motor. I know a stock OEM longblock can take 200,000 miles of hard driving if well maintained. :cool:

old thread...yes...but for archival purposes to aid anyone doing searches....there are more of these out there

This crate engine was the real deal. I am familiar with the business selling it. At the time, it was an RPO engine available just like any other available today from the GM Performance parts catalog. Pics no longer show up in the original post, so I'll post them.

OR, if you're headed to RC's open house, you can see it for yourself in Burlington.

NOS '87 LC2_Dennis McCann1.JPG
NOS '87 LC2_Dennis McCann2.JPG
NOS '87 LC2_Dennis McCann3.JPG
NOS '87 LC2_Dennis McCann4.JPG

Ummmmmm.......... (item 220156124183 end time Oct-11-07 12:45:30 PDT)

Old thread is right.