Nothing Impressive, But A Kill Nonetheless

BigReade

Buick City Boy
Last night, as I was headed out to the local meet spot, I came up to a stop light, and in the lane next to me were 2 Harley Davidsons. One of the bikers looked over at me and said "What's up Woody?" (I don't know what the hell that was supposed to mean, lol), so I just nodded hello, and told them "nice bikes". They start snickering with one another and the one starts revving his bike and inching forward. I thought to myself, meh, if he happens to launch, I'll try my luck. Well, launch he did! So I stabbed it and started blowing the tires off, and I hit second, still rolling em pretty hard, but blew on past them, sideways, lol. As I stopped for some corn, they rode past giving the thumbs up, it was a fun little run.

It's always cool to spank something on two wheels. They just don't expect it. Love the looks on their face and the excuses they come up with some times.:D

Figured I would just keep adding to this thread as opposed to starting a new one.

Met up with a buddy last night who just got his turbo kit installed on his Fox body. I could be wrong, but I think it's an On3 kit. It's a 70mm setup I know. His car made 300whp when it was N/A, and right now he's on 7psi, no idea what the power is, but it runs strong!

This was my first run against a more than worthy opponent, and I was nervous to say the least. I just got my ET Street radials mounted the day before, and hadn't really tried them out yet. So I did a big burnnout to heat em up, and we lined up. I started building boost, in hopes of dead hooking and getting him out of the hole, and launched on 5psi, only to blow the tires clean off through 1st, 2nd and drive, lol. I know I should have tried to pedal it, but mynerves and eexcitement had the best of me. He immediately put 2 cars on me, but I stayed glued to that 2 cars for the entire run. With that said, I think with a little more time, and learning how to launch this setup, I'll definitely be able to holeshot him and hopefully get out enough to fend him off.

Later, I checked the air pressure, and learned why I spun so hard...the tire shop had my tires aired up to 40psi, lol. Lesson learned, don't get caught with my pants down, haha. We're gonna line em up again friday night and see how it goes. I'll try to get video of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-20-13-27-01.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-20-13-27-01.png
    907.5 KB · Views: 153
You should be running about half that PSI in those tires. You'll like the way you hook.;)

You should be running about half that PSI in those tires. You'll like the way you hook.;)

Yeah Mike, lol, I was blown away when I checked the pressure! One tires was 40.5 and the other was 42.5. I dropped em to 30, and will drop some more before I run again.

I run 275/60/15 MT DRs on a 8" wheel. They wear and hook the best at 20-21 psi. I put my first set at 25 psi for street duty. This was a mistake. They wore out in the middle with half the rubber still left on the edges. If you run a wider wheel, this will open up the tire a bit and let you run a little more psi. Go out and do a burn out. Look at the mark on the ground. If it's darker in the middle, drop the psi down. If it's darker on edges, put more in. Walk the entire length of the mark to see what it's doing as the tire speed increases.

You'll like the way you hook.

Mike B.

Just out of curiosity Mike, did you run them on the street at 20-21psi? Just wondering if they felt unsafe for normal "around town" driving at that pressure?