NYC property tax.

corsair231

So, apparently NYC has been under valuing white (i.e. Trump's) property tax appraisals while over appraising minority property tax values. I'm not sure but it seems like I heard somewhere that using inaccurate appraisals to secure favorable monetary benefits is considered a felony in NY. :oops::whistle:

I wonder how much their bond is going to be? :rolleyes:

New York Post:

New York City has been ordered to overhaul its tax system in a landmark ruling by the state’s highest court after black property owners claimed the process favors their counterparts in whiter affluent areas.

“After decades of avoiding responsibility to fix a universally acknowledged problem and a seven-year legal battle, city and state leaders will be required to create a property tax system that is equitable and just for millions of renters and homeowners in lower-income and minority communities,” said Martha Stark, policy director for Tax Equity Now New York, TENNY, the group that filed the lawsuit, in a statement after Tuesday’s ruling.

The plaintiffs argued that the city’s assessment process — which helps determine a property owner’s taxes — discriminates against minorities by unfairly jacking up their property values for tax purposes.

full article:

MSN