OEM mount AC??

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
NE1 have dimensions for the x member notch, when using the OEM location compressor mount?
Found the pics. Need the dimensions.
Here's a neat brkt for the Sanden compressor, that should help alleviate the space issues that are evident with the stock comp and mount. I think Alan Grove makes it. About $170.00.:eek:
Going to see how well this combo will work with the truck exh manifolds and a turbo.....
I have the car, and am in the process of cleaning, modifying the chassis for the LS engine. I want to complete the notch, even if I don't use the ac...

AC frame mod 2.jpgAC frame mod.jpg

Attachments

• Low mt ac brkt.jpg
    Low mt ac brkt.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 206
The dimensions will vary depending on engine set back and the type of motor mounts you use. The best is to just test fit until it fits correctly. Also im not sure I would use that motor mount design or welding. But it gets an A for budget build! Lol

,Dan

The dimensions will vary depending on engine set back and the type of motor mounts you use. The best is to just test fit until it fits correctly. Also im not sure I would use that motor mount design or welding. But it gets an A for budget build! Lol

,Dan

Yep...That mount is for sure, STOUT!:D
I think I'll start w/ the notch short on both length and depth. The good old plasme cutter will make any adjustments needed.

That was my build in those pics. That design is used and proven by a few local guys with 850-1150 rwhp turbo LSx cars. I over welded them to make sure it was solid. I do not have the dimensions and that notch left plenty of room to work with. I just did lots of test fitting to find the right size.

That was my build in those pics. That design is used and proven by a few local guys with 850-1150 rwhp turbo LSx cars. I over welded them to make sure it was solid. I do not have the dimensions and that notch left plenty of room to work with. I just did lots of test fitting to find the right size.

Thanks!

Did you forget to turn the welder gas on?

I ran out mid weld and it was sunday afternoon. Just wanted to tack it then went back and finished monday.