OEM Temp Sensor

TTipe

Snake Skinner
Will the oem temp sensor survive the pressure / temperature variations when placed in the plenum for an XFI input?

Will the oem temp sensor survive the pressure / temperature variations when placed in the plenum for an XFI input?
If you can keep it out of the high velocity air flow, it'll live just fine. Mine is mounted in pass. side of Hemco upper plenum; Works great. I originally had it mounted in front of lower plenum of intake manifild but it's mostly stagnant air there and didn't monitor dynamic charge air temperature properly.

If you can keep it out of the high velocity air flow, it'll live just fine. Mine is mounted in pass. side of Hemco upper plenum; Works great. I originally had it mounted in front of lower plenum of intake manifild but it's mostly stagnant air there and didn't monitor dynamic charge air temperature properly.
Thanks for the response. I mounted the air temp sensor on the drivers side of the Hemco . I see folks selling spacers with ports drilled for control inputs but I think a spacer with the Hemco will mess up the air distribution, I'm concerned about tapping into the thin wall of the Hemco and using 271 thread locker on those thin walls. I hope it will stay together.

Thanks for the response. I mounted the air temp sensor on the drivers side of the Hemco . I see folks selling spacers with ports drilled for control inputs but I think a spacer with the Hemco will mess up the air distribution, I'm concerned about tapping into the thin wall of the Hemco and using 271 thread locker on those thin walls. I hope it will stay together.
I'm sure it will be fine. I'm not sure how you managed driver's side mounting with all the cables and linkages there. ;)