Oil Catch Can&pcv System

SNOWBIRD

Which Company Sells The The Most Effecient Catch Can To Control Oil Consuption Thru Pcv System

It mentions running a check valve if using it on forced induction applications, any recommendations of an exact valve to purchase for it?

Would a vented catch can just be a huge vacuum leak? Or would it still be the same "controlled" leak since it'd still be using the same 3/8 line??

Would a vented catch can just be a huge vacuum leak? Or would it still be the same "controlled" leak since it'd still be using the same 3/8 line??

Some what of a controlled leak. The PCV valve itself is more of the controlled restrictor than the 3/8 line.
With a vented catch can you would be pulling vacuum from the "vent" on the catch can and not on the crank case. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Yeah I saw those but not ready to spend $160 on a can with two fittings on it!

I think I'll do the ol' compressed air line filter trick. Might not be the most effective piece but better than nothing...

4214555-3710-450.jpg

Yeah I saw those but not ready to spend $160 on a can with two fittings on it!

I think I'll do the ol' compressed air line filter trick. Might not be the most effective piece but better than nothing...

4214555-3710-450.jpg

I agree ($160) :eek: Why not vent the PCV hole and move the system to the valve cover...https://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_13392_-1

This chrome plated breather cap is ideal for race car vacuum balance systems, as well as OEM applications with positive crankcase ventilation. The breather features a 1'' O.D. neck and a 5/8'' O.D. breather tube, and an integral metal baffle/foam element combination. It fits all factory and aftermarket valve covers with a 1-1/4'' diameter hole. Grommet included.