Oil Pressure Sending Unit

8AV8

Banned
Anybody got a part # for a replacement oil pressure sending unit for a VDO oil pressure gauge?

Will any 0-100 psi sending unit work? I think its just a NPT thread.

I couldn't get that # to cross with anything at Orielys or Advanced. I'm trying to get this to put on tomorrow. I don't want to have to order on, but I may have to. Any idea on a OEM part # I might could find locally that would work?

I couldn't get that # to cross with anything at Orielys or Advanced. I'm trying to get this to put on tomorrow. I don't want to have to order on, but I may have to. Any idea on a OEM part # I might could find locally that would work?
I got one from NAPA but it wasn't in stock,it was a next day item.Call them now and they could get it for tomorrow. ;)

Just got done installing the T and senders. I removed the vdo sender which was installed by the last guy. Turns out it had the 1/8" npt fitting. He also used a brass adaptor for it. So I removed his adaptor and threaded in my brass T (bought on Amazon) that has two female 1/4" npt holes and one 1/4" male npt end. Screwed in my new bwd sender, new vdo sender, got tired and went inside. For access to the nut on the vdo sender (the one that was already there) I removed the lower radiator hose and turbo shield j bracket. That also gave me more room to install the new parts. Will button everything up tomorrow. Hoping (a) no oil leaks (b) working vdo oil pressure gauge and (c) working oil pressure light.

Last edited:
Just got done installing the T and senders. I removed the vdo sender which was installed by the last guy. Turns out it had the 1/8" npt fitting. He also used a brass adaptor for it. So I removed his adaptor and threaded in my brass T (bought on Amazon) that has two female 1/4" npt holes and one 1/4" male npt end. Screwed in my new bwd sender, new vdo sender, got tired and went inside. For access to the nut on the vdo sender (the one that was already there) I removed the lower radiator hose and turbo shield j bracket. That also gave me more room to install the new parts. Will button everything up tomorrow. Hoping (a) no oil leaks (b) working vdo oil pressure gauge and (c) working oil pressure light.

Hey Rick, what does the "bwd sender" measure? Is the bwd sender for the idiot (warning) light for low oil pressure?

So you connected your vdo sender to one hole of the brass T fitting and a bwd sender to the other female hole in the brass T-fitting? Could you please send me the part number for this brass T fitting that you ordered on Amazon? Is the bwd sender for the idiot (warning) light for low oil pressure?

What is the diameter and thread pitch for the hole in the block where the brass fitting attaches? Is it 1/4" NPT?

Thanks so much!

Landon