Old School Audio

IMG_9456.JPG

I always had a soft spot for PPI. I love your collection, and love is a strong word! I had a PPI Pro Mos 450 and traded it for an ORION 2100 hcca, it wasn't the worst trade but I did miss the versatility of that amp.

Last edited:
I always had a soft spot for PPI. I love your collection, and love is a strong word! I had a PPI Pro Mos 450 and traded it for an ORION 2100 hcca, it was the worst trade but I did miss the versatility of that amp.

Me too with PPI...... I would love to get my hands on one of the Power Class amps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PPI have always been my favorite. I am going to run one of my old Xtant 3300c in this car first. If I don't like it, it will be out and the PPI's in. I tried one of the new digital Alpines in my truck for the low end, allegedly 1000w. It was descent. Put an old A600 in its place just to see....no comparison. Tightened it up and lost no volume. But maybe I am just biased and am stuck in the 90's.

PPI have always been my favorite. I am going to run one of my old Xtant 3300c in this car first. If I don't like it, it will be out and the PPI's in. I tried one of the new digital Alpines in my truck for the low end, allegedly 1000w. It was descent. Put an old A600 in its place just to see....no comparison. Tightened it up and lost no volume. But maybe I am just biased and am stuck in the 90's.

That interesting you say that...... I am currently going with a JL Audio JX500 for my single JL audio sub. I have always been a Kicker amp and sub guy. If the JX500 don't work out..... I am going back with my Kicker ZR240 or ZR360 for the sub. I love the old school stuff from the 90's..... it was power hungry, but sounded great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a really nice Alpine amp a few years back and thought it was good. Was very content with it. One day I was messing around and decided to wire up my Hifonics Europa VIII in its place just to test it out. I was not expecting to hear such a huge difference in sound quality. It was at that point that I sold the Alpine and never looked back. I like old school speakers, subs, and amps. With the exception of the old Alpine headunits from the early 90's, I am not interested in any processors / decks. Just really love the old underrated high current amps and the speakers that sound clean and do not take a ridiculous amount of power to move.

i have tried various newer amps and always sell them off and install 1 of my old school amps too. they just dont sound the same...and they are poorly built now too!
seems nobody cares about SQ anymore......sucks all the OS favorites are getting harder and harder to find in good shape

I still run "OLD SCHOOL"
I loved it so much, when I had the amps blow I stayed with the Orion's. and I kept the speaker board which is still bangin hard, Ever since 1995.
trnk.JPG

Attachments

• trunk.JPG
    trunk.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 169
I still run "OLD SCHOOL"
I loved it so much, when I had the amps blow I stayed with the Orion's. and I kept the speaker board which is still bangin hard, Ever since 1995.View attachment 302238

Drool!

Can you let me know the dimensions and specifics on how the baffle is mounted? Also maybe some detailed pics? I'd like to go IB at some point, but have been a bit lazy to figure out the mounting part on my own. Thanks!

Also, what were the old amps and do you still have them?

IMG_2079.jpg
IMG_2077.jpg
Drool!

Can you let me know the dimensions and specifics on how the baffle is mounted? Also maybe some detailed pics? I'd like to go IB at some point, but have been a bit lazy to figure out the mounting part on my own. Thanks!
Also, what were the old amps and do you still have them?
I dont have the Amps that Lost a channel. I actually sent them in to a shop to have them repaired and it was a bigger hassle to have repaired. I told the guy to keep them. The new Orion competition is top notch still made in the USA. ALL my sound is ORION except the head unit.
Put 6x9 in back seat in pics.
The tens are original from the 90s and are just mounted to a board free air. Secured solid. Helps with frame its so
secured when i had it out for a while i could feel the car twist without the board in.
Everything is sealed.except the holes where the factory speaker by rear window is.

I dont know if that was clear sorry . the baffle is where the 3rd light is. there isnt speakers up there.