??? on doing valve springs

Is the knock due to octane/detonation or mechanical. Add some octane and see if it goes away. If it does, lower your boost. Easy. If it doesnt, then find whats cuasing it. Downpipe, tranny, etc.

Without being able to record your knock, no way to tell when its happening, except with a co-pilot and patience.

I think Thrasher had this on their site at one time? Don't you have to hit 255 knock counts for 1 degree of knock retard? I can roll threw the knock counts on a run, about 50-60, but never see any KR at all.

And mine gets reset on every key start also. Most knock I see is when the car starts, at least according to direct scan.

now your talking! i've gone through tons of posts,links,literature and i still can't make sense of it. ecm sees knock then shouldn't ecm retard timing. i think i understand false knock conditions but i thought that the ESC module protected ECM from it(knock has to register a certain frequency before ESC module will let ECM "see" knock, thus letting ECM make the command to retard timing). maybe i'm way off but that's the conclusion i made after sorting through all the information i could find. hope someone can set me straight on this matter before my head explodes! it sounds like thier is still some confusion on this matter and would benifeit us all if it was made more clear.