One Year today that I bought my GN! Where does the time go! Thanks TB.com!

phillyturbosix

Staff member
Damn one year today that I drove to NY with a buddy of mine and bought my GN! A day I'll never forget! I remember driving down the road and the guy told me to just look for the Grand National on the side of the road in the parking lot all by it's self. I came over a hill saw the nose sticking out from some shrubs and there it was! The guy said it was outside for an hour and 3 people stopped and wanted to buy it from him. I drove it to the first gas station as it was almost empty and 3 people said "nice car buddy!" by the time I was done filling it. That's when I knew the impression that the turbo Buick and the Grand National has left on people over the years! Happy Anniversary to my GN!
At the bottom of this post is a link to some pictures of the car the next morning and some how it looks now! It's come a long long way whew!! I'd like to thank all the great people I've met over the last year! Esp Frank Szymkowski (FlyinGN) Frank has kept me on the right track from the first time I met him! He's been the best when it comes to knowledge on these cars and helped me out more then I could ever thank him! Also like to thank all the people on the boards who have helped me out over the last year great bunch of people who hang here (almost all of them! :-p)! I now enjoy the MAGNA meets and car shows more then anything! Thanks to Jim Dunn and his crew for putting up with my car living in his place for weeks on end and all crazy sh|t that's gone nuts with my car. Thanks to all the MAGNA guys as well! Awesome bunch of guys! This fall should bring more fun when I upgrade the turbo, Install the 3" Mease downpipe I have, and put on the new Thunder Fab. IC I have sitting at home in the box! Thanks again guys! Here's to many many more years of GN fun! Starting out with the bottom 3 pictures on page 4 and all the pictures on the following page 5 Check it out! Click the Links! HERE And HERE

Happy Anniversary and thanks for being such a great customer. Hope you and your GN have many more years together.:)

lol Thanks! I have had to close the window on your site to many times Mark! Your site is poision!!! :) Keep up the good parts! :p

thank for the kind words Jim! Its been a blast with you the last year too! You become a good friend too:)
look how far your car has come too! its a genuine SUPER nice show winning GN now dude!

Let go out to get a beer!

Originally posted by phillyturbosix
Damn one year today that I drove to NY with a buddy of mine and bought my GN! A day I'll never forget! I remember driving down the road and the guy told me to just look for the Grand National on the side of the road in the parking lot all by it's self. I came over a hill saw the nose sticking out from some shrubs and there it was! The guy said it was outside for an hour and 3 people stopped and wanted to buy it from him. I drove it to the first gas station as it was almost empty and 3 people said "nice car buddy!" by the time I was done filling it. That's when I knew the impression that the turbo Buick and the Grand National has left on people over the years! Happy Anniversary to my GN!
At the bottom of this post is a link to some pictures of the car the next morning and some how it looks now! It's come a long long way whew!! I'd like to thank all the great people I've met over the last year! Esp Frank Szymkowski (FlyinGN) Frank has kept me on the right track from the first time I met him! He's been the best when it comes to knowledge on these cars and helped me out more then I could ever thank him! Also like to thank all the people on the boards who have helped me out over the last year great bunch of people who hang here (almost all of them! :-p)! I now enjoy the MAGNA meets and car shows more then anything! Thanks to Jim Dunn and his crew for putting up with my car living in his place for weeks on end and all crazy sh|t that's gone nuts with my car. Thanks to all the MAGNA guys as well! Awesome bunch of guys! This fall should bring more fun when I upgrade the turbo, Install the 3" Mease downpipe I have, and put on the new Thunder Fab. IC I have sitting at home in the box! Thanks again guys! Here's to many many more years of GN fun! Starting out with the bottom 3 pictures on page 4 and all the pictures on the following page 5 Check it out! Click the Links! HERE And HERE

to bad its still a pos.... i still remeber you loosing parts driving down the street to our house the first time i remeber thinking god what a ****ing peace of $h!t lol

thanks for the thanks for helping you find a engine bulider/ installer

Showing your IQ again I see Jim :rolleyes: I know your brain is the size of a pea but the person who turned me on to Jim Dunn was a guy I work with Tony Tana. Handed me one of Jim's cards. Thanks for reminding me I'll thank him when I see him at work tomorrow! :D

Originally posted by phillyturbosix
Showing your IQ again I see Jim :rolleyes: I know your brain is the size of a pea but the person who turned me on to Jim Dunn was a guy I work with Tony Tana. Handed me one of Jim's cards. Thanks for reminding me I'll thank him when I see him at work tomorrow! :D

yea okay but i still helped you make your final decision(sp) and also your car is still a riced out pos :rolleyes:

wtf are you talking about?? Riced out?? what??
I think both of your postinga are uncalled for and quite immature..

Originally posted by wlaukaitis
Yep, I've had mine about 11 months and I put it in the paper about 3 days ago.

That's not good! How come your selling it? I hope you didn't join the "these cars are awesome when running great!" and a bastard when they are not" club! :) Get that car out of the paper and back in the garage! :)

----------------

Frank don't worry about goofy Barnes.. People who know him expect to see this 5yr old mentality from him and are use to it. Maybe someday he'll own something that he don't blow the engine up in 3 days! :eek:

Originally posted by FlyinGN
wtf are you talking about?? Riced out?? what??
I think both of your postinga are uncalled for and quite immature..

Frank its a inside joke we got going with jim.... i used to be able to get a rise out of him when you would say its riced out but know he wont even lissin lol :D