Opinions on converting to Blow-thru. 83 Ttype

Awesome. It was meant to be haha. Let me know if you see a ta 33c for sale and we'll call it even lol

Just keep a lookout for the adapter plate that goes on that Weiand intake it's missing in those pics. That is the second Gen Weiand Excellerator/Yunick intake they have an EGR passage with the valve mount plugged and are not an air gap design, It's a nice intake for sure and discontinued now.
I do recommend staying away from the drawthrough for performance, you will be shooting yourself in the foot with that "turbo foot".
A.J. "DrFrankenstein" has done enough research on that and it don't flow even mounted on a Weiand intake.

Just keep a lookout for the adapter plate that goes on that Weiand intake it's missing in those pics. .

Any hint as to what it is supposed to look like? I am going to assume/hope that I can just make one out of a piece of aluminum plate, but it would be handy to see a pic of one first.

Any hint as to what it is supposed to look like? I am going to assume/hope that I can just make one out of a piece of aluminum plate, but it would be handy to see a pic of one first.
Yes I can provide a pic reference, these are mine, the top adapter is part #7471

The intake on the right is a rare intake. I wish I had that one. The adapter plate that's missing on the left manifold covers the passage from the EGR valve I believe. If you block off the EGR a carb spacer may work. The 7471 plate is going to be hard to find.

I got the inake (with a home made adapter plate) on Friday and all is good there. I still don't know what to do with the whole thing.

The new 4bbl EFI units some with their own ECU to control everything, but they won't work with a knock sensor. So I can use megasquirt to control everything and have the knock sensor.

Megasquirt can control individual injectors too, so why pay $1000 for a 4bbl EFI with a brain if I'm not going to use it?

Then Shawn stumbles across this thread: http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/weiand-carb-intake-to-efi-conversion.343161/

Key picture:
IMG_0263.jpg

I'm fairly sure that this setup with injectors would cost less than a new Holley/FiTech unit and looks a hell of a lot cooler!
I could use a factory EFI intake too, but where is the fun in that.

Hire it built or buy a TIG welder? Hmmmm....I've always wanted a tig welder...

This is the direction I am leaning at the moment unless I find a good deal on a factory SFI intake before I buy another welder.

I like the 4bbl throttle body style since it would work with my existing throttle and TV cables.

This one has built in IAC and TPS for $360.

https://www.holley.com/products/fue...le_bodies/4_bbl_throttle_bodies/parts/112-588

112-588[583x].jpg

So, at the moment, the plan is custom intake with SFI, 4bb throttle body. replumb existing turbo to blow through and add intercooler. Megasquirt to run everything. If an SFI intake falls into my lap, I may go that route, but I like the idea of a custom job just because it's cool! And it gives me a reason to get a TIG.

I think the elbow on the carb intake and a single throttle body would work well

I have been flirting with this same idea with my car for a couple years now. I really want to see this build through! Take lots of pictures and stuff for dumbys like me.

I have been flirting with this same idea with my car for a couple years now. I really want to see this build through! Take lots of pictures and stuff for dumbys like me.

Will do. As of now I am just at the gathering parts & information stage. Plan for this summer is just to put the alky injection on it and drive it.

Assuming I finalize a plan, I'll put the motor next winter and commence the rebuild. Nothing drastic, but more of a "refresh".

Oil pump / front cover mods
port heads, new valve springs, seals
bearings probably have less than 5000 miles on them
Intake, injectors & assorted turbo plumbing

Might do crank & head studs. Maybe

I don't plan on racing the thing, but I want it to have enough power to at least be fun.

Guess who got a package today?? And he's quite happy about it!!!

intake.jpg

BeanSS had it built originally and the project fell through, so I contacted him and was able to buy it at a bargain!

Still need a turbo, intercooler & Megasquirt. Along with basic rebuilt stuff, valve springs, head studs, etc.

Rare intake quick put it on a shelf and forget you just got it. JK I remember the whole thread on this intake when it was built, nice piece. Tstat housing and good to go.

I am a few steps behind you. Post some pictures of your alky kit and how it works when you get to it. I am also interested in how to put a knock gauge on with out spending a lot of money.

Turbo housing question:

I have been watching the "for-sale" forum for a decent deal on a 3 bolt turbo, because my stock unit has the stupid foot on where it goes into the intake. Along with it being relatively small and the impeller is slow & heavy.
But, it has very few miles on it and is in great shape. What about replacing the housing with a more "normal" one that could connect to intercooler piping and just using it on a rebuild?

Would it flow enough to get me 20psi? What housing specs would I even look for to know what might fit?

I am still just gathering parts for a winter build. My initial $2000 estimate was a pipe dream.....

There has been some good deals on parts lately, but you have to be quick. A lot of vulchers watching that section. I also have been gathering parts to do the same thing. I am about 1800 bucks knee deep in it, and still need a carb or efi, fuel tank, fuel pump, and some piping. Good luck!