Opinions Wanted - E85 Combo

mgmshar

I'm toying with the idea of converting my GN to run on E85. We have two stations here in town that sell it, and it seems like a relatively good way to get high octane fun.

My car is a typical bolt-on car that's run mid-11's at 117-119mph on 100-octane unleaded fuel. I've never run leaded gas in it. My goal would be to get to the low-11's or maybe the high 10's with a good launch (say 1.6X or better).

Here's what I'm thinking:

Fuel pump: unused three-year old Walbro-340 (not sure, I might need to get a bigger pump?), hotwired.

Fuel lines: tank, lines, filter, and fuel rail all stock.

Injectors: Siemens 80-lb High-Z injectors with chip to match (of course).

The other stuff: stock un-opened engine, TA-49 (thinking of upgrade to TA-60 or similar), CAS V2, TH 3-inch DP, ATR 2.5" duals, other small bolt-on's.

My other option is to keep using 100-octane (which is getting hard to find), but add alcohol injection.

What do you think? I'm really curious to hear opinions on the new 80-lb injectors, too.

Thanks,

e-85 ! You might run out of injector and fuel pump to get in the tens though.
Talk to Eric at turbo tweak he is pretty good with that e-85 stuff.

read my signature;)
i too have (for now)...stock fuel lines stock style fuel filter and a walbro 340
-dan

80 lb injectors (at anything above 75% duty cycle) will be too much fuel for a single 340 pump. Might want to look into a double setup or an external pump.