Orlando Shops

hbsky

Its been awhile since I have seen mention of a good shop around the Orlando area. The consensus was always KDK; are they still in the TB business? Their website makes no mention and indicates it may have been sold in 2010. Any other shops popped up in the past few years?

I have always done all the work on my cars, but I just dont have the time anymore.

Thanks.

I would like to know as well...I believe KDK still is in the TB business though If I recall last time I drove by there were a few GN's out front

Kdk sucks! Had my engine in there shop for 6 months and was promised they would finish it numerous times ended up picking up the engine in pieces.

I do side work if anyone is interested. Not trying to advertise mods, please remove if needed.

It's more of a passionate hobby than a real source of income. I have done all the work and tuning on my car that's running high 10's on a stock motor and my uncles 87 that runs mid 11's. Need any help or anything I can help with send a message. I'm in east Orlando. Can also offer enclosed transport.

KDK was closest to me, disappointing if they are not that great anymore. Does anyone know anybody closer to the Eustis, Mt Dora, Apopka area?

KDK was closest to me, disappointing if they are not that great anymore. Does anyone know anybody closer to the Eustis, Mt Dora, Apopka area?

Do I'm not saying there quality of work has diminished. But I am saying I personally had a negative experience with them. When I dropped off the engine Kevin said he would call me the following week to give me an estimate on what it would cost to get what I needed done. That week came and went and so did 1,2 or so months. Drove down to his sop again and she admitted he had forgotten about me. So again he said he would call me that same week...well yet another 2-3 months came and went and nothing. Again I drove down to his shop and was told he was out of the office and at that point id had enough of the bullshit! and I picked up my engine.

Give me a call 941-416-7509

Be happy to talk to you a help in any way I can!!

KDK is still around.Their work is still very good and Kevin has forgotten more than most people will ever know about Turbo Buicks.The work is not free and pretty much book prices .True,kevin runs a business thats very busy ,if you don`t stay in touch and act interested time will pass quickly.My car seldom goes elsewhere so to each his own.

KDK is still around.Their work is still very good and Kevin has forgotten more than most people will ever know about Turbo Buicks.The work is not free and pretty much book prices .True,kevin runs a business thats very busy ,if you don`t stay in touch and act interested time will pass quickly.My car seldom goes elsewhere so to each his own.

Apparently he also forgot his word!!!

When you read negative comments about any business, including KDK, try to remember that as far as the internet is concerned an unhappy customer is very likely to post bad feedback while happy customers are less likely to go to the trouble of posting good feedback. It's a phenomenon of the internet. I would wager that the good feedback on KDK would far outweigh the bad by a huge margin. And, if anyone really wanted to know the entire story of the posted bad feedback Kevin would probably be glad to share it. There is usually two sides to every story, as they say.

I'll take the time to post some positive feedback for KDK Auto and Kevin King. I have been taking my WE4 to KDK for close to 20 years. I also take my other family vehicles to them rather than to the selling dealers they came from. They are honest to a fault, totally competent in their knowledge of most any vehicle, and fair in their pricing. (not cheap, but fair). I will say that they are so busy that they sometimes take the "squeaky wheel gets the oil" position with the work they take in. That fault can easily be countered by the customer following up regularly and communicating with them. If they are faced with a time constraint on a customer needing the vehicle, they will get it done. That has been my experience over the years with KDK. They are a top notch shop for our Turbo Regals as well as any other car IMO. (as he now steps down from his soap box)

When you read negative comments about any business, including KDK, try to remember that as far as the internet is concerned an unhappy customer is very likely to post bad feedback while happy customers are less likely to go to the trouble of posting good feedback. It's a phenomenon of the internet. I would wager that the good feedback on KDK would far outweigh the bad by a huge margin. And, if anyone really wanted to know the entire story of the posted bad feedback Kevin would probably be glad to share it. There is usually two sides to every story, as they say.

I'll take the time to post some positive feedback for KDK Auto and Kevin King. I have been taking my WE4 to KDK for close to 20 years. I also take my other family vehicles to them rather than to the selling dealers they came from. They are honest to a fault, totally competent in their knowledge of most any vehicle, and fair in their pricing. (not cheap, but fair). I will say that they are so busy that they sometimes take the "squeaky wheel gets the oil" position with the work they take in. That fault can easily be countered by the customer following up regularly and communicating with them. If they are faced with a time constraint on a customer needing the vehicle, they will get it done. That has been my experience over the years with KDK. They are a top notch shop for our Turbo Regals as well as any other car IMO. (as he now steps down from his soap box)

Well said!

Love your comments about feedback/negative reviews on the Internet. So true!

My 2 cents on KDK. If you're in a hurry don't go to KDK. If you want the job done right, especially for a TR, he's the go to guy. You will pay for it, but you can't dismiss his shop knows these cars inside and out. Worth it in my book

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app