Other turbo regal like cars??

BOOSTD

I was just wondering, are there other cars out there that have the unexpected performance like ours?? Were there any cars in the past that could run with the best of todays car with little mods?

Later,
BOOSTD

Possible candidates from the late 80's would be the Chrysler 2.2 turbo powered cars such as the Omni GLH or the Daytona CS or later RT models. There are lots of the Dodge guys in the 11's with minimal mod's. The pinnacle would be the 92-93 Daytona Iroc RT with the 224 horse 2.2 turbo OR the 91-92 Dodge Spirit RT with the same engine.
Other possibilities would be the Thunderbird/Cougars and Mustang SVO's with the turbo 2.3's. Lots of guys going pretty fast with them now.

73-74 super duty Pontiac trans ams were as potent as most 60's big blocks even after the compression drop of 1971.

Although a lot more modern, a turbo Supra offers very good gains for just a few little mods. Yes, I know they cost a lot more and don't 60' for crap but I would still park one next to the GN if I could afford it.

Its funny that some of the best "sleepers" have small engines.

3.8- GN, TTA, T-bird supercoupe
3.?- Supras
2.2- SVO Mustang, Dodge Spirit RT

Sound like the addage "theres no replacement for displacement" has gone by the wayside.

Thanks for the info!!

BOOSTD

" Holden VL Turbo", every bit as impressive as your cars... Late 80's, and just as easy if not easier to get big numbers out of it .

Engine ? Nissan RB30T 3.0L turbo straight 6...

Originally posted by BOOSTD
Its funny that some of the best "sleepers" have small engines.

3.8- GN, TTA, T-bird supercoupe
3.?- Supras
2.2- SVO Mustang, Dodge Spirit RT

Sound like the addage "theres no replacement for displacement" has gone by the wayside.

Thanks for the info!!

BOOSTD

dont forget the 2.2 Shelby GLHS cars, those responded very well to mods

I've got a buddy who has a GLH - heavily modded.
It is down right frightening to drive...totally out of control

I'd love to have one.

The Conquests/Starions are pretty quick too. I had an 87 that I just sold and it moved. A little more complicated to work on, but they responded great to mods. I estimate mine would have ran a mid-14 with a filter and exhaust and a good driver.