Pinks All Out at Bakersfield Sept 11-12

Don,
Are you going to pin that rear cam bearing or add a bar across the face of it. I could be faced with the same issue so any pictures of your repair would be appreciated.
Jeff

Don,
Are you going to pin that rear cam bearing or add a bar across the face of it. I could be faced with the same issue so any pictures of your repair would be appreciated.
Jeff
I did take a pic. I'll post it tonight.

Here you go Jeff. The steel plate is around .060". You probably don't need four retaining screws. I just felt like going overboard with it.

I checked with Mike at TA first to make sure there wasn't any cavities I might drill into. It's solid all around that rear cam bushing area.

Attachments

• IMGP1970rs.jpg
    IMGP1970rs.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 96
Nice! Don, do you think the cam was pushing the plug out. What is the braided line in the picture. I do not remember a plug to accept a dash line in that area.
Jeff

Nice! Don, do you think the cam was pushing the plug out. What is the braided line in the picture. I do not remember a plug to accept a dash line in that area.
Jeff
No, the cam isn't moving. It was crankcase pressure.

The braided line is the valley oil scavenge line to the drysump. The block doesn't come with a hole there. I drilled and tapped it.

... The block doesn't come with a hole there. I drilled and tapped it.

Hmmm....
That sounds like fun....:biggrin:

I have nothing to do this weekend....maybe I'll drill and tap some holes in my block.
Will it make my GN faster?:p