Pink's All Out In Norwalk!

1quickvsix

IBEW LOCAL 573 JW
Today is the finals for 16 cars in pink's all out at Summit Motorsport's Park In Norwalk, OH. Gates open at 9:00 am ! Did anybody go Friday ? There were A lot of Buick's in the initial 500 car field! Several are members of T. B.COM . I THINK THEY ARE HAVING A WEBCAST DURING THE RACE(Check pink,s website)! Hopefully one or more of our Buick,s made it to the Final,s!AnY Further Input or info please post!

1quickv6

Cool, it would be great to see some more Buicks on there!

I know a few guys that got in the 500. Hopefully they will make it to the 16. Or if nothing else get a few shots of them when they air the show. It would be cool to see some cars/ people I know on tv.

There was a handful of Buicks there on Friday. I can count 5 that I saw. Unfortunately I am not sure if any will make the cut. 2 of them made bad passes and then there is the Mustang with a LC2 which I did not see run. 10 Sec Vega let off on the first pass and I did not see a 2nd one. So you are looking at 3 TR's and 2 hybrids. I will be there later today watching and I hope we get represented in the show. There are some bada$$ cars there though:D There was also a bad accident last night as an older mustang hit the wall about 3 times. Life flight came in, they said he was concious but hope he is OK. Car did not look good:eek:

Just got home. I only saw one GN there. Alot of Mustangs made it to the final 16:mad: .

Norwalk was as packed as it is for a national event, and Icecream was still a dollar but the line was alot longer and the people are not as friendly as the ones that attend the BUICK event.

I heard it was a '68 charger running on a 9.10 index. They hot lapped them and he never shut the car down. I also heard there were 45,000 people there!:eek:

As usual. :rolleyes: I'll NEVER go back to PINKS. Cool show, but way too much trouble for what it's worth (To me at least). :eek:

>>> Looks like I will dial car down and maybe get picked who knows. The only saving grace is I only have a 15 minute tow each way and hopefully a BBQ after the event with friends.

So who won?????:confused:

Yes it was a white 68 Vintage Charger, Bob George I think. Car was not a tubbed out machine, but the guy driving did a good job of taking off on time.

Got to see alot of really nice cars at this event, but I was anticipating a really fast field to be developed from this event.

As usual. :rolleyes: I'll NEVER go back to PINKS. Cool show, but way too much trouble for what it's worth (To me at least). :eek:

I was talking about your car and Dave’s car this weekend. It is amazing what some of the cars look like, that a TSO car would just annihilate. Cars which are tubbed out have big thumping compression and bumpsticks which barely allow the engine to idle. Most of these cars would not have a chance against a Turbo Buick of your caliber.

We had a good time.

The Pinks staff was a bunk of ignorant wankers! They didn't know how to run a real event. We just waked into the staging lanes. Everyone else had wristbands but since security was almost non-existant we just walked right into the people racing.

Had a good time but wish I would have seen a few more TR's. Got to meet, and talk to 10 sec vega for a bit. Was hoping to see his car run again, lol. Got a pic of the only TR I saw there but never got to see it run :(

Enjoyed seeing the 1g auto FWD DSM run a 9.2 though, lol