Piston to wall clearance, TRW... AGAIN

Pablo

TRW forged pistons here
Finish honing the second time around. New machine shop. First machine shop set me up with like .002 piston to wall after I told them specifically I wanted .0045 or so. I found a new machine shop.
This guy seemed to know what he was doing. I am now measuring everything and find that he didn't account for one of my pistons being slightly smaller than the rest, it's about .002 smaller than the others. The rest of my cylinders are at about .005.
He wrote down his measurements on the piston tops and his measurement of this one piston definitely does not jive with mine, furthermore, its obvious this piston is smaller than the rest.
So I'm kind of mad that my clearance is set up a bit past .005 on some of the holes, but I'm really mad that one of my pistons is at like .0065-.007 depending on when I measure it.

The spec sheet calls for .0035 on these pistons but most everyone has said to go to around .0045 to .005 or so for our turbo application.

Is this way too big a piston to wall clearance for TRW forged pistons or what?
I've heard of coating a piston to take up some clearance.. is this a viable option, and what kind of places do piston coating?

TRW forged pistons here
Finish honing the second time around. New machine shop. First machine shop set me up with like .002 piston to wall after I told them specifically I wanted .0045 or so. I found a new machine shop.
This guy seemed to know what he was doing. I am now measuring everything and find that he didn't account for one of my pistons being slightly smaller than the rest, it's about .002 smaller than the others. The rest of my cylinders are at about .005.
He wrote down his measurements on the piston tops and his measurement of this one piston definitely does not jive with mine, furthermore, its obvious this piston is smaller than the rest.
So I'm kind of mad that my clearance is set up a bit past .005 on some of the holes, but I'm really mad that one of my pistons is at like .0065-.007 depending on when I measure it.

The spec sheet calls for .0035 on these pistons but most everyone has said to go to around .0045 to .005 or so for our turbo application.

Is this way too big a piston to wall clearance for TRW forged pistons or what?
I've heard of coating a piston to take up some clearance.. is this a viable option, and what kind of places do piston coating?

PM sent on coatings...

K.