Plugs to run with Alky ??

Twil

Welcome to the DarkSide
I have a quick question for anyone.

I have been told by several Alky users that I should run R42TS plugs gapped at .031" Currently I am using R43TS (hotter plug than the 42) gapped at .035. People I have talked to feel that the alky may be hurting my spark. Since I am running low 12's (24#-25#boost on a 23 degree chip) does the plug change make since??

Any help would be great,
Brandon

PS
I am only able to run alky if it is on 100% pump speed, any lower - the car will just bogg badly. I have seen 26# with 0 KR with this setup on 93 oct.

I run NGK UR5's gapped @ .32 and run 24-25 psi with a RA108 chip with 28 # timing in 1st and 2nd and 26# in third. I get 0 kr with that set up. I run the smc kit with the pump speed usually on 8 1/2 or 9.

blackshoebox,

What 1/4 times do U get with that setup??
(If U don't mind telling.....)

Brandon

Gap...

I have mine set to 0.35... on a CR43TS's what gap should I use with my combo and dual alky kit?

Originally posted by Twil
blackshoebox,

What 1/4 times do U get with that setup??
(If U don't mind telling.....)

Brandon

Car went 11.8 @ 115, with a loose te-44 on a 275/50/15 bfg drag radial. Turbo has been rebuilt and expect to see 11.4'ish @118 with a 28 slick on pump and alky.

Blackshoebox,
What are your mods? Check mine out below,are we similiar? I've been trying to run ac42's gapped at .035 and the car just won't run right.Would only go 8.4's in the 1/8 last time out with alot of cutting out or bogging.
I bought some NGK UR5's and will try out that .032 gap.

The Darkside

Originally posted by The Darkside
Blackshoebox,
What are your mods? Check mine out below,are we similiar? I've been trying to run ac42's gapped at .035 and the car just won't run right.Would only go 8.4's in the 1/8 last time out with alot of cutting out or bogging. I bought some NGK UR5's and will try out that .032 gap.

Looking @ your sig, I have the same build up as you plus champion heads and intake, and a 62mm throttle body, and 313b atr cam(which is basically a stock cam) along with j/e's and a double roller timing chain. I run a hooker dual exhaust with dynomax mufflers(quietest muffler out there). Also I run Reds chips, RA93 for the street and RA108 for the track.

.35 is way to big of gap for running >20 psi IMO. I have had nothing but good luck with the NGK's.

Alex