"Pontiac" On The Top Of The Windshield

Epitome

Staff member
I have clear pictures of the Turbo Trans Am on race day at Indianapolis with "Pontiac" across the top of the windshield. When these cars were sold at the dealership, it is my understanding that the decal kit was optionally installed by each dealer. Was there a "Pontiac" decal for the top of the windshield for each production car? Or was this a difference between the Indy cars and the production cars? Thanks :)

They were part of the 20th Anniversary Trans Am kit. Each TTA was delivered (with exception to the Race Day parade cars) to the dealer with out the window or door stickers attached.

I guess mine may be a parade car??? The stickers were all installed when the car was bought at the Indianapolis Pontiac/GM auction. First owner, dad was a dealer back then, so I know the history up to the auction in the spring of 1990. That's curious, there was 2 hard tops cloth interiors and then 3 t-top leather, which mine was one of. All of them had the stickers installed, but some were missing some badges, that's why I chose the one I got cause it was the only one with all of the badges. If I knew then what I know now, I would have got the hardtop, cloth...at the time I thought the leather and t-tops were better.

Badges wre also not installed at the factory as the maker did not deliver them in time during assembly, so the emblems were also installed by the dealer using a template for placemement. Some dealer installed the emblems and all decals, some didn't. Just because it has the decals installed doesn't mean anything necessarily. All the parade cars have a grease penciled in number on them behind the rear license plate and were all clothe cars.