possible fuel issue - help needed

Beamer

I just got back from Reynolds and I was not running worth a darn... I have been fighting a lean issue for a while. I recently discovered that my gauge was off to start. I did finally get a good gauge on and set pressure to 43 base. My combo is in my sig - by the way, and thats for looking at this with intent to possibly help.

I am attaching a few screen shots of a power logger recorded run today. I have my alky basically turned up completely and still have leaning issues. You can see that my duty cycle is like 90, and I would think that may be extreme - but I could be wrong. Also my MAP and boost signals look pretty solid steady - unlike my manual boost gauge.

I should have been around 24 lbs boost, as I turned the Greddy Spec II controller down a little from what I knew o be 25 lbs last week. When looking at my boost gauge now, it fluctuates very quickly and never settles. It jumps all around between 20 - 23 lbs.

I am sort of thinking that it may be a fuel pump issue after reading some of the posts now about them. I was also thinking that it could be electrical and swapped a known good coil and module with no luck. The car takes off pulling descent but falls of shortly into the run.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated...

Mike

Attachments

• PL1.JPG
    PL1.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 162
  • PL2.JPG
    PL2.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 152
  • PL3.JPG
    PL3.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 146
Maybe add a transducer to log the FP, and see if it's where it should be?
A good input to have, not just for t/s, but for reference at any time.

What do the plugs look like?

I pulled my plugs Friday morning at the track and they were black. But it was a little expected as we turned the pressure up quite a bit when trying to tune it a few days before feeling that my gauge was bad and that we were chasing a lean problem. I replaced the gauge and plugs, but have not checked them since.

I think a main problem lies with my pump now, as going down the track, I observed 58 lbs of fuel pressure the entire time. I need to drop the tank and replace the pump, which is probably one of the defective walbro pumps.

I am really curious about the powerlogger file. I will post in that catagory to see what others running PL see with their representation of WB.

I appreciate your help. I am definately looking to get a transducer, just now where to get one and how to set it up. I did look into it at one time, just need to dig it back up.

Mike

Even with the lowe fuel pressure you seem to be ok in the afr graph though. Weirdness.... Maybe a new pump will change your duty cyle or pw graphs for the injectors. It does look like you are blowing through your converter a bit though, not much (that I can tell) for rpm drop on any shift.

I am thinking that my AFR is moderate due to I am maxed out on alcohol. My gain is way high and highest setting. It is dumping in. I have been running 13's also, this run was a little richer.

I see the convertor part being a possible problem.

I think John Spina @ Caspers has the transducer and wiring to make the install.
I agree w/ Wsln 6 on the converter....

Thanks Chuck...

I apreciate it and will look into it VERY soon. I know I need to see about the same for Jim Rodgers with his 70 GS stock appearing car. We are running into lean conditions with it also and need to improve and monitor its fuel delivery system and he has the LM1 that has like 5 inputs for additional recording.

Mike