Post your aftermarket cam sound clips

No, but never really thought it was considered close.
AG

I only ask because I keep hearing they need to be 36" from the turbo at a minimum, well, the bosch ones need to be, anyway. I'd like to bring mine closer if possible, as that is why I asked if yours gave you any trouble...

Keep 'em coming guys!!! Just bought a 212/212 110 cam kit, i can't wait to install it and hear how it sounds!

Last edited:
I only ask because I keep hearing they need to be 36" from the turbo at a minimum, well, the bosch ones need to be, anyway. I'd like to bring mine closer if possible, as that is why I asked if yours gave you any trouble...
He probably has Xfi. The sensor can be mounted much closer to the turbo than the other cheap sensors can.

Comp 212/212 roller, 885 lifters, 1.6 Harland Sharpe rockers
Old 2.5in ATR:

Current 3in RJC Crossflow:

Sounds good! Are those comp lifters?

The kit I bought used unfortunately has comp lifters which might be the noisey ones, but if thats what you're running then I think I can deal with it.

Sounds good! Are those comp lifters?

The kit I bought used unfortunately has comp lifters which might be the noisey ones, but if thats what you're running then I think I can deal with it.
Yes, Comp 885 roller lifters. They are noisy and have the sewing machine effect.

Sounded badass either way, but I prefer the ATR sound. What mufflers were on the ATR?

Sounded badass either way, but I prefer the ATR sound. What mufflers were on the ATR?
Still had the original pitbull mufflers. One had a small hole from hitting something and the tail pipes weren't in great shape. Wound up trading the system for the installation of the new one. RJC system is actually very similar to the crossflow ATR used to make.

While not a GN 3.8 ... I'd like to think of it as the younger brother motor :)
Idle is a bit higher then probably needed, but at the time of this was taken,
was having problems of to low of idle was causing the fuel pump speed
controller to shut off.

Don Cruz custom roller setup
3.5 inch aluminum exhaust

Nice... how do you like the aluminum exhaust, how is it holding up? Been thinking of doing one myself. I hate having a dropped exhaust, and
I have a full exhaust in sense of a resonator and no mufflers but goes to the bumper. I've had people swear up and down that aluminum exhaust
will warp and what not due to thin walls and high heat.. to me by the time it gets down that way, exhaust temps have cooled down enough to not
really be a problem..