Power window switch

jsta6

John 15:17
Passenger side window won't go up using the driver or passenger side switches.

The window does go up when I remove the passenger side switch, and i jump the wires.

I have two motors, and three switches. Always the same results. Motor goes down, but not up.

Using a multimeter, I am getting 12v at the motor plug when going up and down.

I am ASSuming that the switch (actually three switches) is bad, and that it works well enough to send 12v to the multimeter, but it can't provide the full power required to drive the window up.

Just looking for opinions before I get a new switch.

(No idea why I have so many be switches)

TIA

I can't remember the sequences as it happened to me years ago, but the condition you describe indicates replacement of a bad switch.

Bad or lose connection on the drivers side switch. Mine did the same thing

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I seem to recall it was the driver side switch, even though the problem was with the passenger window. It was a while back but also happened more than once to me on different Regals. ;)

You need a new switch, I don't know the condition of your Buick ,but loose connection do happen,especially if your wife or girlfriend grips about you spending so much time with your car and not with her,and you get upset an slams the door .. Also once you get that window under control, a good investment will be that Turbo window switch.Very please with minds. Good luck..