Power wire on passenger side for amp?

dssking

Gentlemen,

Over the years, I've had no issues finding a way to get an 8 gauge power wire through to the engine
compartment for an amp..............This car, I'm stuck. HELP?

Running down the passenger side, I can't seem to find a way through..........the door hinge up into the fender
isn't smart in my opinion due the the door swinging and potentially cutting the cable and therefore, lighting up the car.

HELP? Thanks!!!! If I'm to drill, and I can.............Where? I've looked behind the glove box and there doesn't seem to be a suitable place due to the air conditioning stuff.........

Previous owner of my car ran it through the door hinge area. No issues in the 11 years that I've owned it. I guess if it works for the mirror cable it will work for the amp cable.

Hmmm...... I suppose if that's the last resort, I'd do it......... But I don't really want to............ Suggestions?

I just installed an amp as you are going down the passenger wire passage. If you take the ECM out of the way you will see where the wiring harness exits the cab to the engine compartment. It then travels behind the inner fender well up to the heater box. I had the inner fender well off so it was easy to see a good location to drill a 1/2 hole and insert a grommet for the cable. I then ran it up over the top of the fender well where the heater control wires run, then into a fuse before the battery connection.

You may have to get under the car and pull the inner fender back to see the firewall ? I have not tried this, the inner fender is a pain I had the motor out when I did this install.

Another possibility is to drill the hole and fish the wire up the fender well but the location is critical due to the wire harness location. I will look and see if I too a photo before I put the fender well back on?

Lil Truck, I appreciate the help. Yes, a photo would help but I'll give it a shot tonight. As long as I know WHERE to drill the hole,
it's not that big of a deal..........it's what's on the other side is always the concern..............

Thanks!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
You can see the large red wire exiting the fire wall next to the wiring harness grommet. There is more room to the right of the wire harness to drill the hole, I just kept it to the left so the path was more direct next to the heater box where I ran the wire. The bracket you see to the right of the wire harness is one of the inner fender mounting bolts.
Hope this helps.

Great. Those pics help (BTW - the final product looks amazing and clean!)
The question is - can I get to the harness with everything intact......I'll have to put it on the lift and see if i can get to it from
underneath.

Thanks! The final wire location runs under the overflow container, that was a photo from the first engine fire up.

If you drill between the inner fender bracket and the wiring harness grommet you are in a safe area, just need to fish the wire through? ....