Precision 6766 DBB

GetOwnedVette

I said when it came in I would post some pics so here she is. :cool: Ordered it with Ported H cover and .85 buick housing...also opted for coated exhaust housing and polished Comp housing and it arrived without either. Aside from being hella sour about that I took some pics for the 10 minutes I had it out of the box. Introduced her to Mr. Blanket and shipped it back.

Hopefully I don't have to wait too long for it back. I really wanted to bolt her up :( I must say the wheel is definitely a shiny piece to look at! My original goal when I set out to build my car was 550hp....I think the route I ended up taking is going to take me a bit past that even without GN1's. :p Sorry I didnt take more pics or a vid but I wanted to get it back to UPS before things closed up.

6y3b4w.jpg

1ovprc.jpg

2rf6khx.jpg

To make up for the no video. Here is a clip from yesterdays street races with 2 fast ass bikes. Enjoy

What a nice product. Almost hate to get it dirty! Should look amazing when polished. Wouldn't it be nice to be so rich as to buy tons of turbos and have them lined up on shelves like trophies. lol. A few years ago i visited a friend of a friend, and he had a Keith Black Hemi block made into a table. Awesome conversation piece! He had connecting rod clocks and all of that. A true motor-head.

Nice piece!! With that wheel it should be north of 700HP with the WIC turned up. On a consevitave tune w/6265 I made 501HP and 511TQ @ 19~20psi 20~18* timing AFR 10.8 resulting in my personal best e.t. The dyno numbers sure gave me an idea of what I was going to run too.

Nice piece. Would there be any benefit going with a T4 tangential exhaust housing rather than stock type? (powerwise)

Nice piece. Would there be any benefit going with a T4 tangential exhaust housing rather than stock type? (powerwise)

Not unless you are moving a massive ammt of air and power. You would see the benefits once you starting getting into 700-800+ applications I believe. For something..even an extremely fast street car there wont be much of a need for it.

Here is a good older thread I remember reading: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/3-or-4-bolt-turbo-mount.209431/#post-1502509

Guess you didn't get the turbo back yet. Whats the difference between the 6766 and the 68 that there is a few hundred $ price difference between the 2?

Guess you didn't get the turbo back yet. Whats the difference between the 6766 and the 68 that there is a few hundred $ price difference between the 2?

I wondered the same thing when I looked at them. I'm sure someone has an answer. And yea...almost 1 month still not finished : /

The 68 is a more aggressive exhaust wheel than the 66. The 66 is easier to spool, 2mm smaller and a 76 trim but the 68 will have lower backpressure and is a 75 trim. The 68 has the ability to make more power. Like before when you had the p-trim and the q-trim exhaust wheel turbos.

That ported H cover is huge. I take it your shooting for 700+ to the wheels :)

Thanks jasjamz.

Hopefully your nicely coated turbine housing will have the 3 studs in it when you get the turbo back?
Or were they intentionally not installed and in a loose baggie?
Just curious. You are going to love that turbo, it will run rings around the older 67's of yore.
Can't wait to hear your updates.

That ported H cover is huge. I take it your shooting for 700+ to the wheels :)

Thanks jasjamz.

I'm thinking I will enjoy any tune 600+.:cool: Heck my dream when I got the car 6 years ago was 550. I know for my goals I could have easily rocked something along the lines of a 6262, but just in case I were to lose this motor for any unexpected reason ever... the next motor would be a street stage 2 and I wont need to worry about my setup. Just switch motors and make more power! That's why I went big in certain areas like my fuel system, turbo, etc...

@RUQWKNF I have them right here in this little baggie :p And a few spare sets lying around ;)

Got the turbo back today and let me say.....polished is the way to go!! I couldn't be more happy with how it looks!! Makes me wanna put it in a glass case on display!!! Can't wait to drive this thing again someday ;) At least progress is being made :p

34fo9dw.jpg

m79hqc.jpg

wva4ic.jpg

wthvle.jpg

2aktqc.jpg

Looks really good. The only thing I see that concerns me, is with your turbo blanket.
I don't think I would cover the oil feed line with that turbo blanket if it were mine. I'd want the oil feed fitting and line and oil drain line to be outside and open, vs covered by the blanket. Especially with that being an air cooled dual ball bearing cartridge that requires air flowing across the center section. In order to properly cool the bearings and bearing housing. I would position the blanket similar to the way it was in your 2nd picture from the top, with the center section exposed for airflow.
Other than that, it looks fantastic.

Patrick

Looks really good. The only thing I see that concerns me, is with your turbo blanket.
I don't think I would cover the oil feed line with that turbo blanket if it were mine. I'd want the oil feed fitting and line and oil drain line to be outside and open, vs covered by the blanket. Especially with that being an air cooled dual ball bearing cartridge that requires air flowing across the center section. In order to properly cool the bearings and bearing housing. I would position the blanket similar to the way it was in your 2nd picture from the top, with the center section exposed for airflow.
Other than that, it looks fantastic.

Patrick

Ohh no no sir...it was just slapped on for the pic. I have to actually set it and wire it down :) Thanks for the compliment though! :D

what was or what is the deciding factor for the turbine housing? .63 vs .85? is it power or rpm? im looking at a 6766 journal bearing but always wonder this. is not spinning more than 6k , and around 550-600 whp??

The .85 will spool noticeably slower. I have driven with both.I have heard 10 flat for a .63 before you upgrade to a .85.

I have a 6765 DBB with a .63. I am going to see how fast I can get it to go before I switch to a .85. The spool up of the .63 is great.

what was or what is the deciding factor for the turbine housing? .63 vs .85? is it power or rpm? im looking at a 6766 journal bearing but always wonder this. is not spinning more than 6k , and around 550-600 whp??
Motor compression,exhaust gas volume,converter,shift rpm, turbo response all play a roll.

The .85 will spool noticeably slower. I have driven with both.I have heard 10 flat for a .63 before you upgrade to a .85.

I have a 6765 DBB with a .63. I am going to see how fast I can get it to go before I switch to a .85. The spool up of the .63 is great.
.63 housings have been 9s I personally have been 135+mph in the 1/4 with a billet bb64 at 3800+lbs.