primimng oil pump/direction of rotation??

turbo6leon

which way does this thing turn?? i'm ASSuming clockwise as i'm standing in front of the car looking down at my custom dristributor/oil priming tool ;) it's crunch time after 2.5 years & i don't wanna $uck up.

THANKS!!
Lee Kline

I used a drill, because a wrench won't be fast enough to build the pressure!
As far as direction I forgot:(
But if you try both ways I don't think it will hurt it.....But when the pump finally primes you will feel it catch!

Why not do what I did and just hack off an old large screwdriver and put it in your cordless drill. it only needs to be a little longer than your camshaft sensor.

Sure, that's what I did the first time around. It'll work... but I've needed to do the job a couple of times since. After the first time I got tired of having the screwdriver blade slip out of the grove in the end of the oil pump drive shaft. It started to chew it up some too.

The oil pump primer is probably close to $20 more than a cut off screwdriver, but it's much easier to use in my opinion:)

-Banning.

I used an old HEI distributor off a Buick V6 and it works great. No need to worry about too much pressure down either.

Put the drill in forward rotation (as if you're drilling a hole).

That's what I used the first time and 20 years afterward. Guess I just have a better aim.;)