PTC converter users

V6POWER

I am leaning towards getting a PTC and Dusty thinks the 2,800 10" will work with my combo. I am looking for feedback from those with a similar combo and which of the PTC converters you use/recommend. If you use/recommend the 10", is it the lu or non-lu? I only drive the car about 2,500 miles a year and most of that is 1/8 mile at a time. :)

I have turned down the boost to only run 7.2s in the 1/8 since I still have a stock bottom end and don't want to DOTC. Thanks for any comments/suggestions.

I wish I could TURN MY BOOST DOWN to run 7.20s :D But on the subject. Dusty recommended the same converter for my car to run mid 7s.. As soon as I get this radiator issue resolved. A PTC from him is mostly likely my next upgrade..

Jim your running a journal bearing turbo right now correct? If so that 2800 might not spool it up fast enough to get away with using that converter. My BB turbo just doesnt need that 3200. I just dont want to see you lose some ET although I fully support Dustys products.

PM Dusty and talk to him before making any changes yet.

If you have a the right chip you can spool that 61 with a 2800...

I feel a journal bearing 61 should spool as well as a DBB 67. So far, feedback is saying the 2800 spools the 67 very well on the stock motors. I myself would think the 3200 would be better but feedback from the users say otherwise.

A lot depends on your shift rpm. RPM makes the converter couple. If your shifting less than 5600 the 3200 will have a hard time coupling like I like.

Mike--The 9x11 really slips (50-60%) in third gear before the lock up. At lock up it is less than 5% slip. I have the chip programmed to lock up at 77 mph in the 1/8 mile. From what I have been reading re: PTC, it slips less throughout the run.

Dusty--I leave the trans. in 'D' and it shifts around 5,500.

How do I post a screenshot from Power Logger?

Mike--The 9x11 really slips (50-60%) in third gear before the lock up. At lock up it is less than 5% slip. I have the chip programmed to lock up at 77 mph in the 1/8 mile. From what I have been reading re: PTC, it slips less throughout the run.

Dusty--I leave the trans. in 'D' and it shifts around 5,500.

How do I post a screenshot from Power Logger?

Your borderline from being able to benefit from a 9.5" non lockup. Like right in between that and the 10". Post your 1-2 and 2-3 shift rpm and mph. If you were running it hard like you did in the sig the 9.5 would couple better. The thing is with the 9.5 you cant turn the boost down since it will pull the engine down too much on shifts. Your leaving a lot on the table in 1st and 2nd unlocked with the converter you are using now.

I would try the 2800 10" first due to the shift point. It will still spool the 61mm and be efficient unlocked. The 3200 will spool very well but will be more inefficient unlocked.

bison--I hear you but I don't want to have something else to think about besides driving and watching for kr. I still have the stock shifter and it is easy to miss third gear with it. I figure the PTC would help the lower gear performance.

Jim what version PL do you have? I dont have the CS% next to rpm on mine. Is there a certain setting for that and do you think it is accurate? Have you put the numbers is a converter slip calculator like on the TCI website for instance?

bison--I hear you but I don't want to have something else to think about besides driving and watching for kr. I still have the stock shifter and it is easy to miss third gear with it. I figure the PTC would help the lower gear performance.

It may actually shift sooner because the coupling efficiency will be better. Basically the higher the driveshaft speed the sooner it will shift regardless of the engine. You need a stiffer spring on the 1-2 valve.