Pulling tranny on 94 park ave, can't get enough room!

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
I undid the 3 bolts for the subframe on the drivers side, only drops about 4 inches. Am I missing something or am I going about it the wrong way. I figure it would eb the same as the cavis and berettas. Undid the front mount, back mount, and the 1 on the small end of the tranny. WOuld like to get it out tonight. Any help ASAP would be nice, step by step would be freakin' sweet! Thanks guys

Support the engine in the car, pull the 2 mounting bolts out for the rack & pinion & drop the whole subframe out. Your only a few more bolts away & it will give you tons of room.

so I just need to do two bolts that mount the rack to the subframe, or do I need to undo the two bolts AND unbolt the entire rack?

Just undo the 2 bolts to the subframe and let it hang. It will stay in place as it's hooked to the column.

sweet. then all I got left is two bolts and the tranny bolts and I can kick throw it out on the garage floor! fwd sucks! Thanks man.

My Pleasure,Just make sure you have that engine supported good. I have an old chrysler torsion bar that fits across the engine compartment well. Chain the engine to the bar & i'm good to go. Good luck with your project.