Question for the experts??

gbodyman

ok here it is i built an 86 700r4 for a friends truck when he put it back in it ran fine but than relized it had a cracked case, so he got me another trans but it was not the same exact inside it had a pipe running from the pump to another rectangular box on top of the VB spacer plate.(also had a checkball in the case) Anyways i removed everything from the 1 transmission and installed all the good new stuff from the 1 with the cracked case to the other. We put it in the truck and now i dunno what happened??? It has NO idea what gear its in at all has no reverse escept when i first started it up, and neutral is drive slips in OD and D and shakes the hell out of the truck ( what inside a trans would shake a vehicle???) however if you put it in 1st it goes fine manually shift to second it shifts beautiful than starts to slip and all kinds of bad things. Is their a totally different routing of fluid in different 700s i used EVERYTHING from the original good unit except the case? The input shafts were the same splines so its not a new new unit. I dunno please help if you can. Maybe i messed something up ? any help will do. Thanks

forget to mention it has a new rebuilt converter and all kinds of good stuff inside.

VB and spacer plates are different

The valve body, spacer plate, and gaskets are totaly different. You have the early 700 {no pipe to pump} and the trans you swapped all the stuff into is a late 700 {with the pipe to the pump} The ck ball count is different too. I'd try cleaning up the other valve body, fwd accum housing, and spacer plate. You'll need upper and lower gaskets for a 87 and up 700. All the ck balls go back in like normal, but the one closest to the right side pan rail in the bath tub in the CASE{if your under the car with your head to the engine and feet at the axle with the valve body and spacer plate off, the ck ball will be the furthest on your right side in the long oval bath tub looking spot}. Mike

Put the late pump in too!!

I forgot to add that you will also need to install the later pump and tube for this all to work. mike