Quickest e85 powered v6 Buick list

I don't know if it counts but I've been 8.3@167mph 1.24 60 ft (1/4 mile) and 5.1@137 mph 1.17 60 ft (1/8 mile). It's a SII tube chassis racecar, only thing is that it doesn't run quite on E85 but E100 ethanol with some oil added for lubrication.
That sounds cool. Got any pics of the car?

I don't know if it counts but I've been 8.3@167mph 1.24 60 ft (1/4 mile) and 5.1@137 mph 1.17 60 ft (1/8 mile). It's a SII tube chassis racecar, only thing is that it doesn't run quite on E85 but E100 ethanol with some oil added for lubrication.

just curious is it running a stock series II 3800 rotating assembly still ? I know zzp ran 8.6 on a stock block /rotating assembly in their FWD car and it would stand to reason on straight ethanol and in a tube chassis car one could go faster on stock rotating assm. /block

your also not far off from the series II 3800 record of 7.9......

just curious is it running a stock series II 3800 rotating assembly still ? I know zzp ran 8.6 on a stock block /rotating assembly in their FWD car and it would stand to reason on straight ethanol and in a tube chassis car one could go faster on stock rotating assm. /block

your also not far off from the series II 3800 record of 7.9......

wait am I missing something here? The 3800 buick engine's stock assembly can support power into the 8s? I feel like I am so lost right now (very common for me :p )

wait am I missing something here? The 3800 buick engine's stock assembly can support power into the 8s? I feel like I am so lost right now (very common for me :p )

the series 2 & 3 3800 out of FWD 97+ as well as v6 f bodies of the same years can and have... stock short block other than cam/chain has been 8.6 , he mentioned his car is series 2 powered , they were developed for forced induction.... cross bolted mains , roller valvetrain , coated pistons ,etc..whole parts cars with good running engines can be had for $400-500

here is a link of a teardown: L67 Engine Teardown - Thrasher Engineered Performance 3800 & 3800SC Pontiac Grand Prix GTP & Buick Regal GS

grand national engines are fabulous but Buick learned a lot from them that got applied to engines developed later , I have seen several people on here say stock s2 3800 engines are similar to a stage 2 build of a 3.8

I thought he meant stage 2. If he means series 2...I definitely want to know more!

I meant stage II engine actually, sorry if I didn't express myself correctly :)
Got few photos here vkmmotors and some vids on my youtube channel.

Klotz and redline both have fuel lubricants for methanol/e85 fuels. I think redline's has different scents to it. (cherry, etc)

I used half a bottle of marvels mystery oil to 15 gallons. I have seen some say the gasoline acts as a lubricant and additional is not needed. Don't know its its true....but it would only have 15% of the lubricants of normal gas.

Any spec on lube to fuel mix ratios?
how much lube added per fill up?
VERY interested

There's a special cap that comes with the lube bottle. I use 1 1/2 cap to 30 litres of E100 - I'm in Europe, don't know how much is a gallon :)

So can a series 2 engine block out of a comaro work in our cars
rwd & fwd series 2 NA & SC share the same block but the fwd L67/l32 is set up to deal with boost better , thicker between the ring lands , lower compression , and coated pistons.

the series 2 short block is pretty stout-gm engineers introduced the SC version about a year before the LS1 and it is similarly durable in stock form - stock block & rotating assembly has been 8.6 @159 in a fwd GP. There is beginning to be an acceptance of e85 in the series 2 circles but I dont know of a specific build to point to among the fastest cars running a series 2 , as soon as I find one I will post it in here for reference.