Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

Dennis Kirban

Here goes:

Any reader can post their guess except those connected to the turbo business. No prizes once I spot the answer I am seeking I will state winner and post next quickee contest. Again once correct guess is posted I will post in this thread the next quickee contest.

Notice I said answer I am seeking meaning your answer may be correct but it has to be the one I have in my mind.

Here is a simple one to start for the newbie owners

On a stock 1986-1987 Grand National how many times does the Power six logo appear?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

No rite answer yet....probably should have started with something easier like how many tires are on your car? On a side note I don't have my pass word at work so can't get on the forum tomorrow until after work....as I wold think someone would have the correct answer by then.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Bingo: 12 is the answer I was seeking.....here they are for those that fell short of 12

name plate above glove box

visor decal

4 GN wheel caps unless they fell off

3 GN exterior badges by the way the trunk one goes on the driver side

hood pad line art

2 head rest

Above equals 12

I did not realize I had it but I have a copy of the original artwork that Molly did of the GN emblem it is different than what Buick used....besides the fact Buick changed the tail design making it opposite of all the other emblems.

The contest now gets a little harder.

Next contest:

Your 1987 Turbo Regal has the optional pinstripes as an option. With that being said You get your Turbo-T repainted and go to reapply the factory style pin stripes what is the most common error that owners make concerning the stripes? By the way the pin stripe was an option not only on the turbo limited but regular Turbo-Ts except GNs and Designer series.

Remember same deal your answer has to match mine....to be a winner.

starts now:

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Total guess, but the pin stripes should terminate before and after the doors mirrors.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Bingo

Previous player is two for 2....must have studied.....you are correct that is the biggest mistake owners make they forget to stop the stripes before and after the sport mirrors.....one valuable tool is your camera phone probably same reason some repaints you see GN emblem on wrong side of the trunk lid.....

Mistakes like that makes a potential buyer look harder at your car....I know from experience.....

next contest last one for tonite:

Here goes:

Again 1986 and 1987 stock Turbo Regal. Their is an object in the trunk that has a dual purpose. Explain the dual purpose and what the part actual is.

remember this question requires TWO ANSWERS

The person that won the last two please reframe so others have a chance.....to make it interesting.....

it starts now:

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Spare tire. For the occasional flat and adds balast to the right rear for launching. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The cardboard extender that completes the floor to the tire.also can be used outside to kneel down on,so you can jack up the car.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

spare tire retainer nut is also used for tail lamp wrench, also works for the jack wingnuts

Bingo: The above post is the answer I was seeking....the jack handle is too obvious the cardboard answer was clever but most guys are not wearing expensive pants to worry about the ground....

My good friend Brandon will be posting the artwork of a drawing Molly did of the first style GN emblem. I am not sure how many versions he did but we have the artwork for one of them. You can see several differences against what Buick finally went with.

See next post for next quickee contest.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Again if you already won please reframe so others can guess.

Next quickee Turbo contest.

You got an original 1986 or 1987 Turbo Regal stock condition. How many different filters are under the hood. Besides the count, list them as well. Remember you got to have an answer that agrees with my answer.

In other words my answer may not be rite but its the answer I am seeking.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Oil filter, filter on the pass side valve cover, and the charcol canister, air filter

Next quickee Turbo contest.

You got an original 1986 or 1987 Turbo Regal stock condition. How many different filters are under the hood. Besides the count, list them as well. Remember you got to have an answer that agrees with my answer.

In other words my answer may not be rite but its the answer I am seeking.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

oil filter
air filter
tranny filter (does that count as under hood)
air intake for ventilation
fuel filter

1 Oil filter,2 charcoal canister,3pass valve cover filter,4air intake filter,5boost silanoid ,6a/c condenser, 7tranny filter.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk