RA 93 Chip ID?

motorhead

motorhead mike
I just got a chip off a list member (ES1) who was great to deal with...

This is supposed to be a stock injectors chip... and I was wondering if you guys & gals could possibly tell me more about it based on the vague information below.
_____
/=====\
|--R--.--|
|======|
|---93--| <- Tag is Red ;)
|======|
|2-----7| <- 2 & 7 are hand written.
\_____/

The 2 & 7 are what I am curious about.

That and how well this chip will react with 94 in the tank. Don't go into too much detail here I don't need the post bumped to tech ;)

Just if it will react with more boost tolerance based on the timing meant for 93 & not 94.

What are normal gains? In Hp and Tq?

Also how do you keep chips safe from erase, foul ups, etc? Ie. storing them.

I really gotta go stick this in the car and run it this weekend,

The 93 is the octane
The 2 and 7, I believe, are the program revision- like 2.7?
The other I'm not sure. Most of the numbers are just his program revisions. He keeps track of what it is programmed with that way..

You call him and see..
I have his # on my Tech Page in my sig if you need it.

The chip should get along great w/ 17psi and 42psi of fuel. I just keep my chips in the static free bag they come in.

That's about all I know..Good Luck with it! I think he makes great chips!

KS

Cool.

Thanks for the input & info... Does Red hang out on this board?

It would be a bit costly for me to make a long distance tech call, what with school and all, maybe I can just email him.

17psi & 42psi sounds good to me... for now.

Man, I am getting excited about this car. This chip is to over come some of the 14+yearold programming in the car... and bring it more in tune with the small mods it is going to see in the next few months. Like my Racetronix FP kit :D...just need an Accufab to tune the pressure. Baby steps.

I think that the first "expensive" bolt-on I am going to get/make is an alcohol kit. If I can't make it myself (I don't know why I couldn't) I am gonna get the SMC kit.

I just can't afford race gas.

I may need a chip for this too. Oh Darn! ;)

Red doesn't hang out here. I don't think he has an email address either.
As long as the chip is programmed for your injectors and a similar combo you should be ok..

Have FUN!!:D
ks

Chip tested.

Well, I threw the RA 93 chip in last night and what a difference.

I can still only use 3/4 throttle (due to ping) but that 3/4 is wicked!

I can't wait until this thing is tuned in nicely.

Just sharing :)

Michael, keep the boost down until you get the knock out. You might go up on the fuel pressure to see if that helps. The alky will be the way to go or run some xylene until you get the knock solved.

Right On.

The T is basically done for the year. Also in a week I will have my Racetronix GSS307M pump... it should see installation in Dec. An adjustable FPR is in the works too... as is a FPress gauge. New hoses and .... well you know how these things start and don't end ;)

Man I am excited!

Thanks again for the parts ES1,