Radiator hold down - what cars?

J Banning

Quench my thirst with C16
I'm putting an electric fan on our '84 WH1. What cars use a radiator hold down like the 86-87 turbo cars? (the top plate that holds the radiator in).

Thanks.
-Banning.

J Banning said:
I'm putting an electric fan on our '84 WH1. What cars use a radiator hold down like the 86-87 turbo cars? (the top plate that holds the radiator in).

Thanks.
-Banning.

Some Olds Cutlass' has the same piece but you will need to weld the fan mounting tabs on

I have one that's been media blasted & powder coated, with a new sticker. I'd say it's a 9 out of 10, because I can see where a pit or 2 was. Not been mounted since I got it back, make me an offer if you like. I don't think I'll need it after all.

Thanks, but this is for our $2006 grassroots challenge car. I probably can't afford it.

Have you ever found out which ones fit? I know the other ones do not have the tabs for the fan, but wondered which cars had them that are direct fit on an 86 gn with no cutting?

The correct one is the part from a 78-88 G-body with the Olds V-8. Easy to spot in the boneyard. Your best bet is to look for a 81-88 Cutlass. Most of those had the V-8.