Radio install kit

brif

I did a search, but wasn't sure if some of the info was still current.

I bought a head unit from crutchfield and it came with an install kit. The wiring portion seems fine even though I haven't tried it yet. The stereo install kit seems to be junk. I have used crutchfields kits in the past (like 10yrs ago) and had good luck. The kit they supplied is an american international kit # CGM-123 and it is suppose to fit GM vehicles from 82-04 (seems pretty broad to me).

What is a good kit to get that is working well for other people? I would like to order something tomorrow if possible. Thanks.

I called Crutchfield to see what model kit I got when I purchased my stereo back in 2002. The guy said it was a Metra, but it was discontinued in about 2006. I found on Metra's site Metra Online | Welcome to Metra Auto Parts Online Warehouse the 99-4012, which looks a lot like the one I have, except they don't show the side brackets and the plastic clip for the rear. I see in the instructions they say re-use the factory side brackets. Too bad they cheapened it up, it was a nice sturdy metal assembly. Maybe garyk1970 can recommend something better. Couple of pics...

Attachments

• DSC03695a.jpg
    DSC03695a.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 339
  • DSC03696a.jpg
    DSC03696a.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 317
  • DSC03707a.jpg
    DSC03707a.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 296
Thanks for the info. That looked like a real nice kit. I went ahead and ordered a Scoshe kit yesterday morning. Doesn't look as nice as the one you referred to me to either. Thanks for the help.

check my sig (stereo/CS2 help) for the dash kits i have......it mounts the stereo flush,and uses factory mounting brackets....