Ramping up to build

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
I have been ramping up to try my hand at a rebuild. The 700r4 that is in the car started making whining noises and there is a marble sound in there too. It has been an excellent hard shifting unit but I am ready to go back to the 2004r. My car isn't all that fast and is quite stock(High 12's around 107mph). Stock turbo, stock ic, stock injectors though I do have plans for more once I get the trans sorted out.

Stator Support
There seems to be quite a price descrepency in stator supports. Not knocking any of the builders/parts sellers on here and a heathly THANK YOU! for all the tech and help you post.

I read there has been some with just a black coat instead of an actual heat treat. The prices range from a thrifty $15 or so to almost $80. Is there that much difference in the actual product? How can I tell if it is actually the heat treated one as apposed to the one with just the coating?

I am going to see about the brown frictions as is seems the reds and blues have had problems. I am seeing recommendations for a carbon band so I will see about that. Lots of debate on "to kolene steel or not to kolene steels". Not real sure on that. Probably wont spend to money on them.

Will go with 10 vane pump setup, hardened rings and good pump spring. I have the white accumulator springs as recommended by Jakeshoe and will get .500 and .296 valves.

I have the ck book and atra manual and a 2004r principles of operation manual. I have a low/reverse tool and a setup to hold the output shaft.

I contacted dusty about a conveter but it is just out of my budget so I looked up my local dacco place and am going to see about one from them until I can put the funds together for a dusty unit. I just want to drive the thing again. I just got the head gasket issue fixed and then the powermaster took a dump so I did a hydroboost swap and then the trans starts making noise. Like a bottomless pit.