Razor's progressive alky install

CopGn

Has anyone installed Razor's progressive kit? The kit sounds excellent but how hard is the install? How long does it take to install?

I installed one about 2 months ago!! The progressive works kick-butt!! The alky starts to come on early, like 5-6 psi (at what is probably a trickle) and is pouring in at 25 psi!! COMPLETELY seamlessly, without the slightest hint that the alky turned on, and never any part throttle knock! As far as install, it was a piece of cake. All little misc pieces included, crimp connectors, wire ties etc. Install time for me is always higher than most people, possibly cause I'm kinda anal about how I add stuff in the engine bay, I want it all to blend and seem as factory as possible. Total install time approx 5 hrs. (could be done much quicker!!)

Go for it, you wont be dissapointed!! You also get the bonus that Julio is a great guy to deal with!!

razor's kit install

Installation was straight forward and easy. Like mentioned, he includes EVERYTHING you need right down to the heat shrink tubing and wire ties. You could do it in a couple of hours, but I am also a neat freak and want everything looking like it was supposed to be there. So I took longer to run wires as inconspicuous as possible. I also put loom over everything under dash. Havent street tested it yet, just installed it last weekend. Julio has been a great help to my brothers and I. His customer service is excellent. hopefully I will be in the 11's:D

I agree, Julio puts together a complete kit! I installed mine at Bristol, instructions were good, and everything went together fine. I haven't put it down the track yet, but it definately feels like it is pulling harder, I think with the static/hobbs switch setup, I was putting in too much alky.

Mike

Ive got to chime in aswell. I just recommended speaking to Julio to another hotair guy who was looking for his next mod. I have been into alky injection for quite awhile and although I was a little irratated about the idea of removing everything I had already put together over the years with my DIY, I had no doubt that this was the way to go. The PAC was the missing link that I, among others, used to discuss a while back on this board. Julio just stepped to the plate and made it happen. IMO, with his updated technology, it is the only logical choice (no more talk about bogg, and hey! no hobbs switches :D ). GRRRREAT, customer service (he put up with me :rolleyes: ). Install is the easiest around. He has basically preassembled everything and you just mount and hook it up. He even supplied solder!! :eek:
Like my brother mentioned above. We just installed 3 setups, and feel as if its time and $ well spent.
Alky = best bang for the buck ;)

His kit is beyond any doubt the nicest and most reliable I have ever seen. The fact that his background heavily consists of engineering electronic devices is what makes his controller is leap years ahead of any I have seen (and used). I used to preach heavily on the SMC kit because of its in-car ability to control the system. After examining the controllers Julio has devised and physically seeing the amount of research and development in the kit, I see it to be superior now. I know most guys on here will not understand the elctronics behind these controllers, but those who do can easily see how much better Razors controller and entire kit is due to the superior electronics and design.

There are 0 (NO) weak links. Installation is easy and his support is better than you could ask for. The entire setup is just sweet. :)

No regrets... You wont have any.

Bob

I currently have an SMC dual nozzle. What is involved in adding the progressive controller to the mix? :confused:

Man doing something that makes our cars faster and happier after all the stuff that has come out on the market place... I am glad to be associated with such a great community. None better.

And these posts of praise for the work being done..I cant say thank you enough. You guys ROCK !!!

Out of all the stuff I have done and worked on..this by far has made me the happiest. Dunno..I make someone elses car faster.. it gives me great joy.

On the SMC note.. It will work on the SMC kit. The only limitation to the SMC kit is the pump. It has been that kits achilles heel. Let alone dont want to be held responsible if/when the pump goes out.

Peace guys..

Julio

I plan on purchasing a alky system soon, is Razors kit a complete alky system or a add on controler?? I still dont fully understand. I have no alky experiance and am looking for a complete kit, was planning on a dual SMC........but REALLY like the engineering that went into Razors kit.

Is the stock coolant overflow not used anymore, or is there a second chamber that the alky stays in:confused:

Website getting updated very soon.

Complete drop in plug-n-play systems available. Non progressive 310 and progressive 450.

You will need a new small overflow container. Available at any auto parts store. I'll be including one pretty soon. you use a brand new GM tank for alky storage. Which is included in the kit price..

Any questions..ask or call :)

It sounds like Razors progressive kit is the way to go, so my questions to Razor are

1) How does the pump do on methanol, window washer fluids ect? Can you run whatever you want with or without lube?

2) What size nozzle are you suppling in the kit?
I have seen some dual set ups with a total of 17 jet size. I plan on getting the GT67 early next year and running whatever psi I can tune in. Would the turbo be more of a jet indicator on what size to get when I order?

3) How do you recommend installing the jet, weld or nut?

The shureflow pump has been the center of the DIY kit for years with virtually zero failures. It has proven itself within the Buick community as a workhorse. Now it is a plastic diaphram style pump that works with zero issues as long as no petroleum is added. The only shureflows crashing have been from guys using lube or bypassing the pump to get 250+psi output.

It has proven to work on water, methanol, denatured, isopropyl, and mixes there off. I have heard of some using Acetone as well..but I havent experimented since straight methanol has worked so well.

The nozzle supplied with the kit has been the M15. It with 150 PSI on it should supply enough to feed a car well into the 10's. It looks like a sprayer at the car wash :)

Put it like this, an M15 with 75 PSI will supply enough to get a car into the high 11's easily. Typically.

I have been using a bonded steel washer with an elbow. Its actually so simple, some drill and JB Weld the nozzle in place. The steel isnt hit with alcohol so its corrossion isnt a problem. Alky corrodes items that are in constant contact.

With a progressive kit you dribble it in at low boost that way the pump primes and the delay is completely eliminated. Plus keeps AFR's in line pretty much.

So multistage, multijet, multi-leaks are eliminated.:D

HTH plan your system.

Dribbling ain't cool at all. :p

PS: My bypass broke before it got on the car. Chalk up one to the failure list. ;)