RE: Down Pipe

bwallace

Anybody using the Kirban 2 piece 3" downpipe? If so how is the perfomance and any problems with the installation?

I'm currently running a Torque Tech 2 piece DP which I believe is the same as the Kirban's and Poston units. I upgraded several months ago from the stock restrictive one and noticed alittle improvement. Car sounds better w/3" too and you can hear noticable expelled flow whurring noises. Fit and install was a bear especially with the small elbow piece that comes off the turbine at WG elbow. The problem is adjustment so that the pipe doesn't hit at either upper A arm bushing or frame rail and takes alot of trial and error. I mean like several hours! There also was a problem getting flange surface to mate and seal properly at elbow. Overall, I'd say it was a royal pain in the a** I have a Mease DP on order and have seen this pipe and am quite impressed. If I had to do it all over again, I'd bypass the 2 piece DP and get either the Mease or THDP. If you are on a budget and $$ is an issue, the 3" 2 piece DP can be a favorable alternative. HTH