Rear Baer Brakes?

DOC420

I was looking at the rear disc conversion on Cotton's website. what does it come with. I know Baer are awesome brakes but not to much info on the entire kit. Does it come with the right caliper bracket for these 8.5 reaerends? Do they fit under 16 inch wheels? Anything else would be helpful. It is the 12 inch kit.:confused:

Cottons installed front baer big brakes on my T this year and I can attest for the great service and quality of the product. Unfortunatley I can't help you with rear answers. However, that's what Jack Cotton does best, answer questions and take orders. You should just give him a call...

The Kit is designed for this rear. Has all the brackets, nuts, bolts, even the parking brake cables. The only problem I had was with the "u" connector where the front and rear parking brake cables meet. You will also need a proportioning valve. Very good instructions. I have Kirban's 16" wheels and fit with no problems.:cool:

I installed the Baer rear disk brakes on my 84GN. Went smoothly. No problems. I'm running GTA front wheels (16") on rear with no problems.
Conrad Carter

I installed the Baer rear disk brakes on my 84GN. Went smoothly. No problems. I'm running GTA front wheels (16") on rear with no problems.
Conrad Carter
Did you have to add a proportioning valve? I bought a rear conversion I have hydroboost

Did you have to add a proportioning valve? I bought a rear conversion I have hydroboost

If you want them to work correctly (as opposed to "good enough"), you'll need to remove the stock prop valve and put an adjustable one in.

If you want them to work correctly (as opposed to "good enough"), you'll need to remove the stock prop valve and put an adjustable one in.
Not necessarily true. Rick Elam @ BAER recommends you leave the stock prop valve in place and simply add the BAER prop valve. Plus when you remove the old 30 yr old factory prop valve chances are you Will Not get the same that came out and you opened up a can of worms!
We have done this over and over without a single issue and have placed in the top 5 at speed stop challenges against DSE, RideTech and many more big hitters so it Much more that "Good Enough"... And that was with a vacuum brake conversion!

I was looking at the rear disc conversion on Cotton's website. what does it come with. I know Baer are awesome brakes but not to much info on the entire kit. Does it come with the right caliper bracket for these 8.5 reaerends? Do they fit under 16 inch wheels? Anything else would be helpful. It is the 12 inch kit.:confused:

Yes it comes with the right caliper brackets..
Yes they fit in a 16" wheel
It is considered the 12" kit

We offer site members discounts so check pricing with us too!

IMG_1466.JPG
IMG_1465.JPG
IMG_1464.JPG
We did the fronts on my Dads car. They are complete with all hardware, good instructions and they pull the car down like never before.

For those thinking of doing a Baer Brake conversion, would it be better to install the Baer's on the front and keep the stock rear brakes or install the Baer's on the rear and keep the stock front brakes? Any advantage either way? Thanks.

For those thinking of doing a Baer Brake conversion, would it be better to install the Baer's on the front and keep the stock rear brakes or install the Baer's on the rear and keep the stock front brakes? Any advantage either way? Thanks.

For street driving, since most of the braking is done by the front brakes, if you can only do one axle, it is definitely better to do the fronts. For drag racing only, with skinnies on the front, and big stickies on the back, best to do rears.

Call nick micale or scott at gns.

Baer is right down the street from nick micale.

Www.arizonagn.com

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Don't matter with GNS cause we usually offer free shipping on all BAER brake orders.... Been there done that with MANY happy customers. We know what fit's and what doesn't after 12 yrs of business....

Agree doesnt matter at all. Either person will get you what you need. Scott is good people have order from him before

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

For street driving, since most of the braking is done by the front brakes, if you can only do one axle, it is definitely better to do the fronts. For drag racing only, with skinnies on the front, and big stickies on the back, best to do rears.

Thank you very much for the response. Makes perfect sense.