Repair Factory Radio?

1KWIK6

UNDER PRESSURE!!!
I'm looking for recommendations on a vendor or member who can repair the factory Delco radio (UX1). Thank you.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm guessing; but it may be the power switch. Everything worked perfectly when I removed it 12 years ago. I just pulled it from storage and now it won't power up. The clock display works and the light dimming feature works. Proper power and ground wiring have been confirmed.

Are you sure you have power on the switched power line? When you turn the radio on what does the display do? Where are you located?

Absolutely. I have a later model ('89) UX1 in the car now. Unfortunately, the right channel is out on that unit. I've read that is a fairly common occurrence due to leaky capacitors. I appreciate that you are trying to help me. Oh...I live in North Louisiana.

I'm in Oregon which is pretty far from where you are. Your better off trying to find someone local.

Agreed. Thanks again for trying to help.

About 3 years back, United Radio in Syracuse, NY did a great job and turned it around in less than a week on my factory gm radio with cd that was in my 89 Formula 350. I have no reservation recommending them. Good luck.

Thank you for the recommendation, SpeedRacerX.
Just for anyone else who may search for this... I also received a recommendation for M&R Electronics in Michigan.

Email this guy: trick86@live.ca

I haven't had him do any work on my radio, but he knows his stuff. He reconditions them if sent to him, or you can purchase one of his units off eBay. I got his info from another member from this site. GL.

Thanks for the tip, 8t8olds!

If you haven't email this guy and ask him to call you. His name is Anthony Barlos. He lives in Missouri and he refurbished my stock radio, added aux jack pigtail from the back and replaced right channel amps. He did this all within a week. I shipped it to him and he fixed it and shipped it back all under $100. I had it done about a year ago and it works great.

I forgot to post email it is
barlosal@aol.com
He didn't want me to just randomly give out his number. He told me in the past just have everyone email 1st and he would call and numbers can be exchanged then. I told him about this site and he would probably have tons of people needing his help.

I've had several hundred radios repaired by United Radio (I'm a car audio shop). They're top notch like SpeedracerX suggested.

Thanks all.
kels87gn - I did find Anthony through his eBay sales. Great guy!