Replacement Radiator Suggestions

I think you meant to say wider tubes. Wider tubes allow for more uninterrupted contact with the cooling fins. The most efficient radiator will have 1 row of 2" wide cooling tubes (Nascar),but that isn't a realistic option for us because of the price. With 1 wide tube you have contact with every bit of the cooling fins. When you have 2-4 rows of tubes,you have spaces in between the rows where the fins aren't contacting any tube and there is turbulent air created between the tubes as the air passes through the open spaces. This all speaks to efficiency. For the average Joe,2 rows of 1"wide tubes is the best cooling radiator.
Yes damnit thats what I meant.:oops:

Relatively speaking,the 4 row re-core is inefficient,but should be good enough. If a person want's to retain the oil cooler,this becomes a more viable option. If this is important to you,I would choose the Alradco first then the Kirban then the re-core.

No arguing that the aluminum will perform better. My 4 core sits at 176'F on the hottest most humid day with the AC on. On the cooler days the engine temps are at 152-155. This on a car that runs 11's on pump gas. My buddy's father in law built it for me. I was actually at the plant and seen the flat copper being made into tubes. Kind of neat to see.

I just think it would be taking away some value on a 20K car but the final decision is with the owner.