replacing turbo oil seals--->

zam70

->ROGUE
Is this possible to do your self or are there some special tools required. My turbo seems tight (little to zero play) but the car smokes a little at idle and I suspect the turbo seal...

Where can get parts? and what all is involved

I would say that you better be darn darn darn sure it is your oil seal before you crack your open.

There are other possibilities. Like your PCV valve.
And make sure it is oil smoke and not water or gas.

Just my $.02

:D

It's really strange...the smoke doesn't really puff out...it's not real bad but annoying. It seams the longer it runs the less it smokes as well.

it's not the valve seals, no smoke on start up.

Oh hell, Maybe I'll just drive it and not worry about it...

Pull the tubes off the inlet housing of the turbo and inspect for any oil. No oil means that your oil seal is still good. (This assuming that you have removed the stock oil breather from the passenger side valve cover.)

Then pull off the up-pipe to the throttle body. If you see oil in here and not in the turbo almost positive it is getting sucked in via the PCV valve. Pull off the vacuum block on top of the TB and look for fresh oil. Especially around the PCV port and gasket.

Make sure you use the right ACDelco brand PCV valve. It does make a difference. Install a check valve too if you need to.

It's also a good idea to pull the intercooler out and clean it. There could be some oil puddled in there that is getting forced through under boost.

Hope this helps.

thanks t-dog, I'll check it out.

Where the hell is Silvis? I'm in Springfield (1hr 20min noth of St. Louis, 3 hours south of Chicago)

Always like to meet new Il TR people.

I'm in the Quad Cities (sort of).
Moline/Rock Island. Directly due west of Chicago right on the Mississippi River.