Ridetech G-Body "Tru-Turn" & Coil Over Install

Ride Height UPDATE! This was taken today 9/9/13

20130909_111755.jpg

Since installing the new Ridetech single adjustable coil over shocks I have been dialing in the ride height a little bit at a time and the drivability as well and I must say there has been a dramatic improvement in how the car rides and handles! (Turbo Dave drove it by himself today and returned shaking his head! LOL)

First while adjusting the ride height with my old tires I was able to lower the car another 1/2" in the rear and actually raise the front by 1/4" in attempt to level the car out more to get rid of the "80's Racked look" that was due to my rear tires being way too tall compared to the fronts. I got some new rear tires from BFG the other day to remedy that situation. I went from a 285/40-18 to a 295/35-18 which is wider but shorter and just by doing that it lowered the car again another 1" in the rear and I now have absolutely NO RUBBING issues with more than one person in the car like I did before with the old 285/40 tires! Going wider but shorter was a Win-Win I guess...

Lowering the car in the rear along with bringing it up in front a little made Drastic changes to the cars weight Bias! In a Good way... :D

Last edited:
Ya, that car is way too scary for a 66 year old dude!!! I hit a 90 deg. curve near out house here (one that's safe at about 20-25mph in a normal car) had to stay in my lane (inside lane) because its a two lane road and a blind curve. I hit it at over 55 and plastered my self against the driver's door!! Wouldn't want to do that too many times!! Damn car drives and handles like a slot car!!

Scot,
Did ridetech send you new tie rod adjusters got a call two weeks back that they had a batch that were machined to deep and it may cause the threads to slip? I got a new set via fedex the other day free of charge that is some good customer service there!

Scot,
Did ridetech send you new tie rod adjusters got a call two weeks back that they had a batch that were machined to deep and it may cause the threads to slip? I got a new set via fedex the other day free of charge that is some good customer service there!
They called me concerning that issue and i told them i had not heard a word about the tie rod adjusters and we came to the conclusion to send them out just in case people encounter a problem.. the best thing to do is keep the new ones they just sent you and send them the originals back so they can inspect them.

Thanks for your input

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I got it set as well. I thought maybe they accidentally sent me something. I noticed that my tie rod ends were a little loose. Glad to see that they fix a problem that they found. Overall I have been really happy with everything.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I did not even dig though the new set yet to see if a return label is in there but the guy i spoke to did say he was sending one so they could get them back and check'em over. You cant ask for much better service than that though!

That is why we are a dealer for Ridetech! They stand behind their product 100% and will go to great lengths to make your car right and the customer happy! Your right their customer service is top notch and so are their products....

They will be with us in BG this year and we have a killer deal going on right now with Ridetech products just in case you didn't see it posted.

We are offering "FREE Delivery of your order to BG & Additional 5% Off your order" (All orders MUST be in to us by Oct 14th so Ridetech can process your order and get it loaded.)

I got the tie rod adjusters. Installed them in place of the originals. Couldn't discern any difference in play one way or other. Both sets seemed somewhat lose.
Conrad
ps...will Ridetech have FedEx come pick up the original pieces?
pss...the 12 mm upper front control arm bolts w/knurl came in yesterday. Getting 12.0 mm and a 12.1 mm drill bits from Fastenal Monday morning!

I got the tie rod adjusters. Installed them in place of the originals. Couldn't discern any difference in play one way or other. Both sets seemed somewhat lose.
Conrad
ps...will Ridetech have FedEx come pick up the original pieces?
pss...the 12 mm upper front control arm bolts w/knurl came in yesterday. Getting 12.0 mm and a 12.1 mm drill bits from Fastenal Monday morning!
I never had an issue with mine being loose so my extra ones are just sitting here... Just hold onto those original tie rod adjusters and give them to me next time I see you and I will get those to Ridetech....

What you said will be great.

What you said will be great.

Still looking for my data on the new ride height with the new RideTech coil overs but here are my old DSE ride height measurements....

Front: 24 5/8"

Rear: 26 1/16"

I know with the new RideTech coil overs we lowered the car even more to get the stance it had recently..... I may have to call the new owner to get those measurements... The change in tire sizes also dropped the cars ride height drastically....

With a 35 series tire it will be dam close to the front muscle bar but I think it will work.....;)

I think it will hit at full lock bit how often do you get there?

I plan on ordering the BFG Rivals 275/35/18 on front

What type of grease is recommended for the delrin bushings? Time to lube up my chassis. ;)