Ridetech G-Body "Tru-Turn" & Coil Over Install

I like the Sta-Lube "Sta-Plex Extreme Pressure Premium Red Grease" for all my suspension and steering joints. You can get it in standard cartridges at Harbor Freight.

Jim

Your very welcome!

You will absolutely love how the car rides with those suspension mods!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask..

Bump, placed my order yeaterday

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

On the 4 cross shaft bolts, how long 7/16" bolts did you get? My stock bolts are in Arizona and forgot to measure before I left.

On the 4 cross shaft bolts, how long 7/16" bolts did you get? My stock bolts are in Arizona and forgot to measure before I left.

I never got new ones, I used my stock ones.... But Conrad (HotAir) has ordered new ones shoot him a PM and he can tell ya what he bought...

Hi Scot I'm upgrading my front suspension I have stock spindles and tubular upper and lower arms will the before I get the coilovers I just wanted to make sure I would not need to select specific size or weight for the front coilover setup thanks ,George

Hi Scot I'm upgrading my front suspension I have stock spindles and tubular upper and lower arms will the before I get the coilovers I just wanted to make sure I would not need to select specific size or weight for the front coilover setup thanks ,George

Give us a call at the number listed on the banner in my sig...

Did you install the front uppers with the caster slugs facing the calipers or towards the engine? I see it says either way. Also what's with the different nuts on the upper control arms. One of my nuts was stripping the threads. Had to switch them out to the thinker nuts. Glad I didn't destroy the threads.

Almost done installing everything including baer brakes.

Only thing that wasn't clear is do the caster slugs face towards the wheel or engine. However I think I understand the direction and installed them with the caster slugs facing the engine.

imop ridetech should put some torque specs in the instructions.

Had to get bolts for the uppers as the stock ones don't fit. Also my upper spring pocket tabs had to be cut as the coils would hit if I didnt.

Hardest part was getting the old coil springs out.

Baer brakes were simple.

Also the stupid upper control arm nuts suck.

Last edited:
Almost done installing everything including baer brakes.

Only thing that wasn't clear is do the caster slugs face towards the wheel or engine. However I think I understand the direction and installed them with the caster slugs facing the engine.

imop ridetech should put some torque specs in the instructions.

Had to get bolts for the uppers as the stock ones don't fit. Also my upper spring pocket tabs had to be cut as the coils would hit if I didnt.

Hardest part was getting the old coil springs out.

Baer brakes were simple.

Also the stupid upper control arm nuts suck.
A) Caster slug placement is shown in the very first post of this thread ( Picture showing how they need to be installed )..... The arrow on the upper cross shaft shows the direction the upper arm needs to face (Forward)...

B) I listed torque specs in this thread too... The torque specs on these suspension upgrades are the same as stock....

C) Yes the upper bolts didn't fit mine either, I took a drill bit and drilled the caster slugs to fit the stock bolts.... Conrad (Hot Air) bought new bolts with the knurling on them which is what I would do next time...

D) I think I mentioned in this thread that the tabs in the upper spring pocket MIGHT need to be bent out of the way so they don't interfere with the new coil over... Mine happened to fit fine without anything done to them...

I know you put the torques in here Scott and thank you for that.

As for the cross shaft caster slugs facing towards the wheel or engine. Either is fine, with the slugs facing towards the motor you will have about a deg. More Negative Camber starting off.

Does it matter when adjusting ride height if one spring is compressed more then the other side? Figured mine is off on one side because of the pre load non the hrparts rear bar.

I have to pre load one side more then the other to get equal rode height

Does it matter when adjusting ride height if one spring is compressed more then the other side? Figured mine is off on one side because of the pre load non the hrparts rear bar.

I have to pre load one side more then the other to get equal rode height

Mine is like that too. The driver's side is compressed more than the passenger side. It probably has to do with the offset of the gas tank. Although, mine is compressed so much I may need to change the spring. I need to call Scott about it but I've been so busy I haven't had much time for car related activities.

I have the passenger side at zero preloaded and the drivers at 1inch of preload.

finally finished my coil over install..picked them up in bowling green..I too had to cut the spring keeper tabs as they still interfered with the new coil overs even after "moving" them with a BFH. Also a drill press was required to enlarge the caster slugs...with these little jobs done they went in no problem...they look great and the car sits better already...just need spring now ..thanks Scot..a class act as usual