Running race gas with alky!

RUQWKNF27

I have my alky set up dialed in great however I need to get rid of some 116 VP. Is it ok to runthe alky on top of this or just turn the alky off somehow? If I need to stop spraying the alky just to run the race gas then do I just turn the knob a certain way? Bacl to 0?

Id save the race gas for just in case needs instead of wasting it just to burn it up????

Just wondering why you would just get rid of the good fuel and throw off the tune??? :smile:

BW

Well I have like 40 gallons of race gas and headed to the track this weekend so I want to burn some of it plus I miss the smell.. Now that I am thinking about it I am pretty sure I will have to add more fuel on top end to replace the alky but thats back to my question: can I run alky with the race gas? Or is that overkill? Also being that my tuning skills aren't thebest I am going for mid 10's and would feel better with the C-16 @ 28-30 lbs! Not that alky has let me down 24-25 lbs with 93 octane. And 0 knock...

I definitely would not fill the tank with 116 and expect the car to run decent along with the alky.

If you tuned the car for 100% pumpgas and now running good with the methanol kit then leave the tune alone.

Why not add 1-2 gallons and leave the tune the same and give it a little extra insurance while you turn the boost up higher than youve done.

Or just sell the racegas:biggrin:

BW

Leave the alky settings alone and fueling alone. If you want to add the race gas to the pump gas, go ahead. If you run C16 straight and alcohol injection, you will more than likely slow down. I'd do a 50/50 mix of pump gas and race gas and that should be fine.

You will need to pull out a lot of duty cycle if going to straight 116 and alky. Ive done it before and the power went down till i corrected back to 11.3-1.There is no alcohol or alcohol co-solvent in the c16 so it has a richening effect over pump gas. You will need more timing also. Ive been up to 27 degrees with alky, race fuel and 26 psi. If you dont make these changes expect a power loss.