Running rich after Alky test button pushed..

FastB

At idle (in park) my A/F gauge reads 13.5-14.1....but when I push the alky test button to prime the system my A/F reads 11.5-12.8 at idle. Is that something that's normal? Is the computer just fattening it up in response to the alky?

Alcohol is fuel, so it gets richer when you spray it. It will go back to normal in a few seconds when it uses up the alky you sprayed.

Mine during actual test goes down to 9.1ish also...but after it sits and idles for a while it's still reading 11.5-12. Here is a vid of it...this video was taken 5-10 minutes after testing (I think could have been less)...and I just noticed the red light is still shining in the vid is that normal? I'm still learning this car so forgive the ignorance. Thanks guys!

Rick

Mine goes rich also.

Something to add, after bringing down the MAT's say to 35 degrresF, (purging the system), I notice the A/F ratio stays rich & slowly goes back to 14.7 or so but it takes about a minute to go back to the normal 14.7 A/F ratio.

Is this normal? Is the ECU adding more fuel because of the cold temperature?

Thank you.

Guys.. its like pouring gasoline down a carburator and then guessing how long it takes to clear out the flood.

If you hit the test and the air fuel changes.. take your finger of the button. :eek:

I wasn't...I hit it 10 min earlier just long enough to cause the stumble...and it sat and idled. Is the LED supposed to only come on during the test?

Only during the test. The button may be stuck. You need to see if the pump is running all the time. Just stick your ear up to the pump and see if it's running. You do have a issue.

uh, yeah. that's kinda not good if something's stuck and you're spraying alky at idle........

Ok...spent some time driving the GN this weekend for the first time in a few months...I screwed up...that LED shining in the video is for my heated O2 and my alky LED is down by my boost gauge...it works as it should. But, my A/F still never fully recovers from the test...stays at around 11-12.5.... But it runs great so I'm gonna stop obsessing about it. Lol