ScanMaster Numbers. (help)

Wiseman118

Hello everyone,
I just received and installed my new scan master into my '86 grand national. this is newly built engine with a TA-61 turbo, 60# injectors, 2800 orange strip stall, 218 cam, adjustable fuel regulator, bored .030 over. Please give me input and pointers about my scan master 2.1 numbers. Thanks

750 - 796. 0.0
AF. 07
L8 - 50
Bat - 13.2
Int - 128
bL - 118
CLt - 165
AtS - 127
r - 875
tPS - .40
IAC - 52
cc - 49
nAL - 00
792 - 810. 0.0

AF is a little high at idle(07) should be around 4 or 5, your IAC is a little high at 52, should be in the 10-30 range, but thats probably because your AF are a little high. Your blm's are a little rich at 118 but in the acceptable range of + or - 10 from (128). What chip is in the car?

AF is a little high at idle(07) should be around 4 or 5, your IAC is a little high at 52, should be in the 10-30 range, but thats probably because your AF are a little high. Your blm's are a little rich at 118 but in the acceptable range of + or - 10 from (128). What chip is in the car?
Hi Turbojd,
I have a TurboTweak Chip. (version 5.6) (20 -18 degrees) (16-18psi) (street 93 octane) (60# injectors). This is my first go round with a turbo buick, so can you instruct me or point to the right place to get the adjustment info for making the adjustments that you recommend? For instance, how to adjust the IAC and the A/F setting properly. Thanks again.

Ok thanks for the info. I will make some adjustments to the iAC using the instuctiions from the website on tomorrow. I will keep you posted with my results. Thanks
In the scanmaster manual, it states that the AF value should read between 0-255. My values are reading 750's - 812. Is this ok?

AF is the Mass Air Folw reading. The number is low at idle and high at wot.

The Millivolt reading is the o2 sensor. Lean is low 0-700 Rich is high 800-999.

HTH

what type of maf/translator, 80's maf is OLD & Tired

Not sure if same issue
but I installed LT1-3" MAF with translator... base setting adjusted
review scanmaster numbers again
tweaked the scanmaster.. runs perfect

My AF was a little higher than normal at idle 6-7,
installed new maf/translator then AF went down to 4

In Bowling Green 2010 at GS Nationals
Adjusted TPS... .44 and WOT at 2.6 I believe.
my point is that my car was running rich and had problems related to air in and quality of fuel, I don't have alky yet... was going for alky install at GS Nationals but it didnt happen 2010, maybe 2011...

5-6 idle AF is actually the ideal number you're looking for. 4 is a bit low. 7 is a bit high, but if the idle rpm is a little high (high 800's or more) it could be touching 7 AF.

GNregistry; You gotta fixe that 2.6 WOT TPS, that's WAY low.:eek:

WOT TPS 4.6 not 2.6, ooops

TurboDave: I was wrong with 2.6, it is 4.6
as for AF: my car has been between 5-7, yet after some changes with LT1-3" maf, translator, the numbers were different, only minor and for next year tuning and tweaking... my car always ran really rich until this past summer...

Updated: BIGGEST DIFFERENCE NOTICED were using "NGK UR5" spark plugs gapped at .030 tight, plus heated o2, LT1-3"maf with translator, coil pack, plug wires, new hoses plus tie straps = no vac leaks.
recently found small gasket leak in the top of the external wastegate gasket prior to gs nationals and still ran best 60' 1.806 12.396@109 mph and 22-23 pounds of boost, no knock, no alky.

Then after my drive home from gs nationals, my test pipe was loose, now tight,
Plans for 2011 update test pipe with electric cutout, gnx flares, vents, SW dash and alky. Drag radials stored in garage for 2011.

Late again! :LOL:
Tim you should stay away from the bong during working hours!

Bong.jpg